housing suggestion

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
charonn

housing suggestion

#1 Post by charonn » Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 pm

I know in some other thread it was mentioned that you intend to make a different game for every house, assuming the game does well, but I think it would be more fun if we could choose our house from the beginning. I would like to be able to be cute and weird from the start over strong and smart :lol: . I think you would still be able to make money even if we were able to choose our own from the beginning. I guess it would involve more time though since you would have to presumably create new roomates, otherwise find a way in which the old roomates would change houses. I think for new games you could just have new houses, or it could be a new year etc.

Idk maybe I'm the only person who finds myself wanting to be in one of the other houses , or choose my initial attributes :).

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun May 01, 2011 9:43 pm

I think it would be more fun if we could choose our house from the beginning.
It's taken approximately a solid year of full-time writing to get the game almost to the end of the school year for one hall.

Choosing your own house means every single character that will ever be romanceable, every single character that will ever be a roommate, ALL BEING WRITTEN AT ONCE.

It would require at least six years to write, during which I would be able to do absolutely nothing else (and probably go mad) not to mention starving to death from not being able to sell anything for that time, not to mention being unable to have ANY of it tested properly, not to mention losing track of characters through trying to do too much at once and ending up with half the plots being dropped or extremely shallow or contradicting themselves...

And nobody buying that single game would ever manage to go through all the paths anyway!

Even if someone gave me a million bucks so I could work on the game for as long as necessary without worrying about funding, it would be a disaster for the game.

Not only would you not get to play a Butterfly any faster by me trying to do it all at once, you probably wouldn't get to play one at all. :)