Dungeon 6 Spoilers

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Riviera

#16 Post by Riviera » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Yeah, I've had decent luck stalling him, I just need to figure out how to both stall him AND open the door. :lol:

Rozelliee

#17 Post by Rozelliee » Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Elze wrote:So interesting *A*
I think this is my favorite dungeon so far! I didn't realise that we could communicate lol. Now I have to try that. So far, all I've done is outrun him by casting spells. Spells I've used to delay him include 'teleport other', 'blind', 'push', 'entangle', 'sticky feet' and 'distract'. Still haven't tried using a black spell with that random stone object to delay my rival yet. I've tried using 'slow' but nothing happened with that.

To open the doors, I always use 'open', which costs only 10mp and does the job immediately. C:

EDIT: tried Communicate. Found out that if you have the cute magic wand, you can use it to bribe the guy lol.
It also works with the Amulet as far as I know. :D

Bombermans

#18 Post by Bombermans » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Loved the concept of this one! I used distract, or teleport, or darkness, but never hitted him with offensive spells :D

Does it mean something that, on one of the playthrughts, the hooded figure's skin is black, and in others his skin is white?

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Post by hanako » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Nah, Spiky just felt like making it random.

Muse

#20 Post by Muse » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 am

I used Awareness (white) then Teleport Other to shove him/her in a random blocked off room (at least on my map there were several), and then just open on the doors. A boring way to do it but it worked at least!

Edit: On my second try I tried dots and boxes but I lost. I wonder how much smart you need to win...

irinack

#21 Post by irinack » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 am

Lol, When I entered the dungeon for the first time I only managed to use spells on him when we were in the starting squares. Then he just rushes off and I didn't get the chance to do anything to him and eventually lost. I tried offensive spells and it doesn't work. I used Seal(black) on him so that he wouldn't move anymore but that just slowed him down a little bit.

There is one way to get out of the dungeon without using any magic at all. (You do this when you are REALLY desperate). So I followed him until he found the door. He pushed me back one square and then he opened the door and I freaked out so I pressed Forward multiple times without stopping and eventually I got out before he could. That was really funny( Must be because the character we play is a fast runner XD ).

BTW: You can also use Blast(red) on the door to open it.

perch

#22 Post by perch » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

One time out of curiosity I tried to murder him and I succeeded. It was incredibly awkward to get out of the dungeon and pick up my 5 merits. :shock:

Usually I try to talk to him if my intelligence is high enough to play the dot game and then get out or I wait for him to open the door and then play the dot game.

junsei7

#23 Post by junsei7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah I kind of wish you were called on that - if you get extra merits for finding non-violent solutions, shouldn't there be at least a 'you could have done that another way' telling off from Potsdam?

Blinky343

#24 Post by Blinky343 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 am

Doesn't this one take place fairly recently after the combat practice? That may or may not have something to do with it

For this one, the first time I pushed him down a dead end and then used that seal spell on the square to keep him trapped. But when I got to the door, my red magic was too wimpy to take it down! So I ran out of mana and he eventually caught up, took down the door, shoved me a way and won :/ . Second try, I just raced him to the door, and he alternated between blasting me away and attacking the door. As soon as he took it down I cast fear on him, inscribed some swear words on the wall, and waltzed my way to victory

PDuo

#25 Post by PDuo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:53 pm

I did what Rock, Paper, Shotgun mentioned.

I tailed him, let him blow open the doors, then sent him back to the start of the dungeon.