Dungeon 6 Spoilers

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

Dungeon 6 Spoilers

#1 Post by hanako » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Making threads for people to share how they beat, or fun things they found in, each dungeon.

If what you found appears to be a bug, send that to bug reporting instead.

These threads are obviously likely to become spoiler-heavy and you probably shouldn't peek until you've at least tried each dungeon yourself!
Last edited by hanako on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Riviera

#2 Post by Riviera » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:22 pm

I haven't beat it yet, but I loved how I could use Entangle on the opponent on that one square with plants on it.

I've also been using Tap the Flow to keep my magic up.

selenity136

#3 Post by selenity136 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:24 am

I transport the guy to the starting square after blinding him. :o

Ellume

#4 Post by Ellume » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 am

Guess I should have read this thread before I posted my "bug" in the other.

Right off the start I cast sleep while he pushed me in the direction of the exit. I kept going and passed the fountain and was pushed over into the side chamber. Went back and met up with my opponent and tried to talk with him. He just said "Shut up". I cast empathy on him, which told me he had no emotions (Mod note - Oops. Will be fixing that.) and he ran for it. I only had about 19 mana left and just ran after him until he got to the door and cast slash on it. The door was still closed so I cast forwarned on myself and he pushed me back a square. I walked forward and he cast slash again so the door was open. Because of forwarned I knew he was casting Push on me to get me further back, so I did the same to him. Then again I was told he was going to push me "away" so I pushed him too. Unfortunately for him he pushed me in the direction of the exit, so I just walked out lol.

Rozelliee

#5 Post by Rozelliee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:03 am

I used Communication on him and challenged him to a battle of wits, we played Dots and Boxes (or something) my character won, then he left, I found the exit, and used 'Open' on it to open the doors. The battle of wits option didn't show up on my character with a lower Smarts stat though.

Another time I actually won accidentally when trying not to, I went through normally, he went in the wrong direction by accident, and I ended up reaching first.

Riviera

#6 Post by Riviera » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 am

Okay, finally found a way that worked. I waited whenever there was a debate about direction and let hir use breeze, then I ran the right way. I let hir break the door down, then I blinded hir and ran past again. Basically I let hir do the work for me.

I'm so mean. But it did work. I only got five merits, though, so that might have been their way of looking down on my tactics. :lol:

Ellume

#7 Post by Ellume » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 am

The only way I know of getting the 5 extra merits is using Communication to negotiate a battle of wits.

selenity136

#8 Post by selenity136 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 am

Rozelliee wrote:I used Communication on him and challenged him to a battle of wits, we played Dots and Boxes (or something) my character won, then he left, I found the exit, and used 'Open' on it to open the doors. The battle of wits option didn't show up on my character with a lower Smarts stat though.

Another time I actually won accidentally when trying not to, I went through normally, he went in the wrong direction by accident, and I ended up reaching first.
=( Apparently giving him a kiss does not work. How high does my cuteness level have to be for that?

Ellume

#9 Post by Ellume » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:07 am

selenity136 wrote:=( Apparently giving him a kiss does not work. How high does my cuteness level have to be for that?
Hehe, I think that is a fun idea. But what if they arn't into girls? Or what if you appear as nondescript to them as they do to you? If they are another student it would makes sense the profs would cloak both of your identities from each other.

selenity136

#10 Post by selenity136 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 am

Ellume wrote:
selenity136 wrote:=( Apparently giving him a kiss does not work. How high does my cuteness level have to be for that?
Hehe, I think that is a fun idea. But what if they arn't into girls? Or what if you appear as nondescript to them as they do to you? If they are another student it would makes sense the profs would cloak both of your identities from each other.
Aw, that means that option is just a tease. I wonder if you can get 5 extra merits if you do happen to kiss the competition ;). I haven't done "bribing" with him so I don't know if that works or not. has anyone done so?

machnist

#11 Post by machnist » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 am

selenity136 wrote:I haven't done "bribing" with him so I don't know if that works or not. has anyone done so?
oh he asks for 100 dollars and i didnt have that much so it didn't work..
i wonder if it works if you have enough money lol

for me after some attempts
i just went to the door and waited until opponent opened the door and teleported him way back lol

junsei7

#12 Post by junsei7 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:02 am

I didn't use Communication - I just talked to the opponent three times. On the third attempt to talk, the various options to negotiate a way out appear.

Does anyone know what to do with the sink? I turned it into a sphere and rolled it round the corners and into the doors, but it made no difference. I can't work out what that option is - but maybe I don't have the right spell available...

I just tried the kiss option with my Mary Sue with the highest cute I've managed to get (80). The opponent still didn't go for it, but I got +5 cute points for the attempt.

Riviera

#13 Post by Riviera » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Is communication the ONLY way you can get past this guy if you have a green/white focused character?

Used to be that I could let TO (the opponent) break down the door, then I could hit TO with a green or white spell and run past. Now every time I get close TO hits me with teleport and I lose. I can't take the door down on my own because I don't have enough offensive power, and I can't teleport myself because I lack the blue magic. =/

I think I'm stuck. I've tried using white magic to stop his casting but it never works.

My other characters are doing fine, but the only way this one can get through is running fast and hoping she wins. XDDD

Burn Magic is a good combo that usually ends up in TO surrendering (probably because of lack of magic.)
Last edited by Riviera on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 pm

The dungeon is randomly generated, so certain things (like whether he's likely to teleport you before you can get through the door) change from play to play.

There are more spells that should be useful for a green/white caster (but some are not fully implemented/working as of Apr28)

Elze

#15 Post by Elze » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 am

So interesting *A*
I think this is my favorite dungeon so far! I didn't realise that we could communicate lol. Now I have to try that. So far, all I've done is outrun him by casting spells. Spells I've used to delay him include 'teleport other', 'blind', 'push', 'entangle', 'sticky feet' and 'distract'. Still haven't tried using a black spell with that random stone object to delay my rival yet. I've tried using 'slow' but nothing happened with that.

To open the doors, I always use 'open', which costs only 10mp and does the job immediately. C:

EDIT: tried Communicate. Found out that if you have the cute magic wand, you can use it to bribe the guy lol.