Dungeon 5 Spoilers

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

Dungeon 5 Spoilers

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Making threads for people to share how they beat, or fun things they found in, each dungeon.

If what you found appears to be a bug, send that to bug reporting instead. (Especially when the dungeon is brand new and things are likely to get altered!)

These threads are obviously likely to become spoiler-heavy and you probably shouldn't peek until you've at least tried each dungeon yourself!

selenity136

#2 Post by selenity136 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 am

Is the chest/stone supposed to follow whenever you turn? And what about the Manus? I tried communicating with it and...got the feeling it's a dud.

Has anyone else beaten this?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am

At the moment the turning in the chest's square is assuming you're circling around the chest as you turn; the chest is not moving. We may change that later if it's confusing this way.

Spazzbunny

#4 Post by Spazzbunny » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:19 am

I've only figured out one way to solve it. ^^ I used Push Object to make the sphere crash into the chest which breaks the explosion enchantment on it. I haven't found any other ways yet. Also: You get a some extra merit if you realize that the Manus is a dud. Anyone else figure out a different way to do this?

Ellume

#5 Post by Ellume » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:20 am

EDIT: You beat me to the post ^_^

I've passed the dungeon. You are right, the Manus is a dud. It's a illusion. +5 merit if you can tell and pass the dungeon.

As for the circling objects.. If the object is against a wall, it usually makes sense to only see it when looking at the wall. If you move it so it is in the middle of the hallway though, then it makes sense to see it regardless of what direction you look, or regardless of what direction you enter the room from. I liked how the vantage point it worked out with the bridge item. My two cents.

EDIT2: I used the combo Blue/Black Transfer Charm spell on the chest and the Green Thick Hide or whatever the damage reducing spell is on my character. Both did the trick. I guess that Dispel Charm, Telepyre, Lightning, Diamond, and possible Dispersion will work also.

sweetdreams

#6 Post by sweetdreams » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 am

hmm I don't know what I'm supposed to do xD I've pushed the rock into the chest several times but when I open the chest I get nothing xD I've even tried moving the chest to the door and blowing it up but nothing happens xD where is the key?

Ellume

#7 Post by Ellume » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Once you opened the chest did you look at it again to see inside?

Elze

#8 Post by Elze » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

I initially tried crushing the chest, but it exploded on me xD
So I moved one spot downwards, then used Telepyre(bluexred) on the area the chest was in. Worked for me.

I'd also tried teleporting the sphere to the chest's area but I couldn't get it to push towards the chest when they're in the same room. Realised afterwards that I just had to push the sphere from its original spot. orz;;

perch

#9 Post by perch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 pm

I've used force push to roll the sphere into it from the other side of the dungeon. I've also gotten past the obstacle by casting dispel on the chest.

nakiab

#10 Post by nakiab » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 am

I wanted to try something different so I used boost strength and heal a few times. Then trigger on the chest to get the key and to finish it off I use truesight to see through illusions and got 10 merits.

JackoWords

#11 Post by JackoWords » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:00 pm

I think I'm stuck with a heavy blue emphasis. Dispersion, Anti-Magic Shell and Reflection don't seem to stop the fire, alas.

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Post by hanako » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Dispersion, Anti-Magic Shell and Reflection don't seem to stop the fire, alas.
Two of those have to be cast at spellcasters and one of those doesn't affect existing spell effects.

There is something in the Blue spell list that will help but it's at the VERY high end.

perch

#13 Post by perch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

I tried casting detect charm and then enchant object on the chest and it said I enchanted it, but it still blew up. Tried using stoneshape on the sphere hoping to turn it into something useful like armor but that wasn't an option. I also tried to cast awareness and then back off a pace and cast open, but that didn't work.

Discovered spirit sight will also dispel the manus. Also discovered if you have freakishly high strong points you'll just survive the blast. I was at 95 and went down to about 30 points.

charonn

#14 Post by charonn » Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I used the transfer charm (blue and black) magic to transfer the trap from the chest to the wall. Then I was able to open and examine the chest safely without the bomb :)v :lol:

Shallan

#15 Post by Shallan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 am

Hah, all you fancy blue mages, and your thinking. I tossed a Thick Hide, shrugged off the explosion, and wandered out with a few scorch marks.