Romance paths (spoilers)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

#76 Post by hanako » Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 pm

It isn't a matter of whose path you were on, the Jacob scene only comes up if he's holding the position of class treasurer. Jacob's idea of a good fundraiser is different frlom the other possible candidates. :)

selenity136

#77 Post by selenity136 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Jacob offer to take Sue to the dance? Do you get this when you're the treasurer and not take revenge on Kyo?

Elze

#78 Post by Elze » Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 pm

selenity136 wrote:Jacob offer to take Sue to the dance? Do you get this when you're the treasurer and not take revenge on Kyo?
Nope. He doesn't take Sue to the dance. They're talking about a fundraiser, when Jacob is treasurer. They're trying to raise donations for the dance, so he is offering dance lessons for 20 bucks.

Elze

#79 Post by Elze » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 am

*weeps tears of joy*
YEEEESSS! Finally, Grabiner! I've got youuu!
I was squealing like a silly schoolgirl when he kissed her. & I thought I made a wrong choice when he flipped out over the mention of Violet. Phewww.

Also, about Virgina, if she says that she decides that we should just be friends just before the ball, even though I'm on her romance path, does this mean that I failed somewhere along the route after all? D:

& as always, Donald's the sweetest. I think he might end up becoming my favorite after all. Fickle I am. *A*

perch

#80 Post by perch » Thu May 26, 2011 7:30 am

For Virginia I haven't found a difference whether I've been treasurer or not. She still gives me the same reaction at the end so I don't know if I missed a step with her at some point.

I do know that Ellen has two distinct ways to get to her ending even though the ending itself was the same for me. Her ending is so adorable.

Donald continues to be my favorite. He's great and it's nice that even if you reject him early on he'll still go to the dance with you if you haven't messed up your relationship.

Grabiner made me really happy. For a second I thought I'd still messed up, but then it was great for both directions.

Damien! OMG Damien! His ending was fantastic, especially the darker branch, even if it makes me go X_x at Potsdam.

junsei7

#81 Post by junsei7 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Firstly, huge congratulations to Hanako and Spiky for getting the game done - it's really fantastic. Thank you!

I thought Ellen's ending was incredibly sweet. It made the slow burn worth it. Although I can never forgive her for going out with Donald if I don't ! Nooo! :shock:

I'm on the fence with Virginia. I don't know if I missed a step (but considering there have been a few people saying this, I think it might just be her ending). I kind of like the realism involved in someone being unsure about their sexuality and whether they want more, but the part of me that put in effort to win her over is frustrated.

Damien's ending is fantastic - he's so dodgy. I love that he's still ever so slightly scary and I'm a bit worried for my Sue. It's great that he doesn't just turn completely around. Although - Potsdam! Dude.

Grabiner's kiss was probably the best (even though Donald's my fave). It was very sweet and utterly worth the effort.

BTW - love Donald's yearbook entries. He's so great.

Riviera

#82 Post by Riviera » Fri May 27, 2011 4:42 am

I'm joining the ranks of confusion over Virginia.

I THINK I got my Weird up enough, said the right things, etc.. but at the end it says she's my Best Friend, not my Romance.. did I do something wrong?

Other than that, LOVED LOVED LOVED the other endings I got. Grabby! Donny! ELLEN! They were so fun. I giggled over how Pastel put a note in one of my character's yearbook! I forget what path she was on... maybe Virginia's?

perch

#83 Post by perch » Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 am

Not sure about Virginia. I got her as my romance and she left my Sue a <3 and a cute self conscious note in her year book page, but she also gave my Sue the not-sure-this-is-working-out speech.

I think Virginia is just in a weird in-between phase. On the one hand she doesn't want to deal with all the romance and cutesy stuff, but on the other hand she wants the 'spark' of a strong romantic attraction.

Or she's asexual and not really romantic and still trying to suss things out for herself. There was a lot of assurances on my Sue's part that they were making their own rules.

Elze

#84 Post by Elze » Sat May 28, 2011 6:51 am

I got the same thing that perch did. I guess that's just how her route works, then. D: & lol pastel also left a comment on my Virginia path. I don't think I sent her a valentine on that path though. Or maybe I did I can't remember lol.

hanako
Site Admin

#85 Post by hanako » Tue May 31, 2011 4:41 am

Finally back from the convention.

I will probably be making a few edits to the end of Virginia's (romantic) path in the near future, as I don't think it gave quite the impression I intended. Saying no more yet though. :)

junsei7

#86 Post by junsei7 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:14 am

hanako wrote:Finally back from the convention.

I will probably be making a few edits to the end of Virginia's (romantic) path in the near future, as I don't think it gave quite the impression I intended. Saying no more yet though. :)
I hope your convention went well for you!

This is intriguing. I got the impression that Virginia was happy to carry on with my Sue as things were (so the occasional kiss?) but not take things any further, at least for the moment. If that's the case it throws up an interesting prospest for their fake marriage if my Sue is more in love with her than she is with Sue. I can't wait to see what was intended...

Elze

#87 Post by Elze » Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 am

junsei7 wrote:This is intriguing. I got the impression that Virginia was happy to carry on with my Sue as things were (so the occasional kiss?) but not take things any further, at least for the moment. If that's the case it throws up an interesting prospest for their fake marriage if my Sue is more in love with her than she is with Sue.
For me, it felt like a subtle rejection lol. Kinda like, "okay so we tested some things out but I think we're better off as friends after all, even though the kiss was great". Which is why I got confused, I guess.

So yes, some updates would be great if that wasn't what she meant. xD

junsei7

#88 Post by junsei7 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 am

Elze wrote:For me, it felt like a subtle rejection lol. Kinda like, "okay so we tested some things out but I think we're better off as friends after all, even though the kiss was great". Which is why I got confused, I guess.
I have to say the only reason I thought maybe it wasn't a 'trying to let Sue down easy' speech was that Virginia wasn't usually shy about saying what she meant. She didn't think we fit the 'passionate romance' pattern she thought relationships were but when you reassured her it seemed that she still wanted something - particularly with the yearbook entry. Although maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part... :)

hanako
Site Admin

#89 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 pm

In current beta, there should now be changes to the end of Virginia's romance path.

perch

#90 Post by perch » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

I got the Virginia new romance and I really liked it and how it played out. They're an interesting combo and I'm happy my Sue got to go to the dance with her, but also reassure her.