Romance paths (spoilers)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
selenity136

#46 Post by selenity136 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Pirate ship? Whose's path do you see that on?

sweetdreams

#47 Post by sweetdreams » Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

ahhh it's technically not a pirate ship xD just donald saying if he was a pirate he would pick mary sue to be the first on board xD

selenity136

#48 Post by selenity136 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 pm

aw, Donald is really a sweet talker :). grabiner's path was interesting. Daminen's...not so much. I wonder if we're getting closer to that revenge?

perch

#49 Post by perch » Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Does anything happen on Damien's path? Virginia's path was also pretty boring, but Ellen's had an interesting twist.

hanako
Site Admin

#50 Post by hanako » Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm

There were no events for Damien or Virginia during the week of Apr 6-12. It was a pretty busy week already!

perch

#51 Post by perch » Wed May 11, 2011 6:12 pm

That's kind of what I figured. Virginia is pretty neatly tied up...not that it will stop Virginia if she has some kind of drama she wants.

Mostly I am intrigued on Ellen's path. I'm worried I did something wrong since she's pulling away from my Sue and seems determined to do things on her own. I've just played the latest Alpha and it made me wibbly and sad for her.

But I definitely scared my cats when I yelled FINALLY! on Donald's path. I enjoyed Grabiner's too. I feel like he's going to be the worst one. Day of the May Dance still trying to figure out if he likes my Sue romantically of if they'll just get to be buddies. Grabiner why must you be so difficult?! It really does require the patience of a Saint to deal with him.

hanako
Site Admin

#52 Post by hanako » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Be careful about playing alpha patches! Sometimes the flags are not coming through correctly and you can end up getting scenes that you shouldn't, or not getting scenes that you should. That's the biggest thing I'm frantically testing when I'm running through alpha builds.

With Ellen in particular there was a wrong-branch problem in a recent alpha. It's fixed now, but depending on when you peeked you might have gotten the wrong responses. :)

perch

#53 Post by perch » Wed May 11, 2011 6:26 pm

That's good to know, thank you! I have back saves (never thought I'd be almost out of slots in a game that gives me 80) that run back to 2/9, 3/9 & 3/16 and I try to never, ever make a save if I'm playing in the alpha. Only beta or offiicial, but thank you. Now I know that I might be getting more info than I should.

I think I'll go back to my Feb save and play forward again, see if I did go off in a direction I wasn't meant to.

sweetdreams

#54 Post by sweetdreams » Thu May 12, 2011 5:10 am

well if the game ends in may (in game time) then that will only give us a month for revenge...and since damien hasn't appeared yet it might be near impossible to get revenge unless it's rushed...maybe mary sue will just accept him straight away when he comes back? which is unrealistic but who knows

*edit just played the latest patch...maybe we will get our happy ending or revenge after all... :lol:

junsei7

#55 Post by junsei7 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 am

sweetdreams wrote:i have a feeling donald's path is the happy-go-lucky type :D typical romance happy ending 8) with no problems or resistance compared to the other guys
It does seem that way. I really love the fact that you can still pursue him after being married. He doesn't just storm off when you turn him down and there's still some strong flirting going on. When he finds out that you got married, he actually listens to your reasons and it's implied he'll try again with you once you're free. I like the drama boys, but it's nice to have a happy guy! :)

perch

#56 Post by perch » Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

@junsei7

That's really interesting about Donald. My Sue didn't get to explain the marriage to him, she asked him if he wanted to hear about it and he said no, then she asked him if they were cool and he said close enough, then they went to bingo together. I guess he doesn't trust my Sue as much.

Elze

#57 Post by Elze » Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 am

junsei7 wrote:
sweetdreams wrote:i have a feeling donald's path is the happy-go-lucky type :D typical romance happy ending 8) with no problems or resistance compared to the other guys
It does seem that way. I really love the fact that you can still pursue him after being married. He doesn't just storm off when you turn him down and there's still some strong flirting going on. When he finds out that you got married, he actually listens to your reasons and it's implied he'll try again with you once you're free. I like the drama boys, but it's nice to have a happy guy! :)
Oh wow I didn't know that. That's so sweet of him! ;u;
Gotta try that route now xD
& yes I am sooo glad that Donald's in the game. He's like my healing garden to release all the tension from the other paths. What with Virginia's marriage, Grabiner's crazy blow of fuse and Damien's amazing betrayal lol.

junsei7

#58 Post by junsei7 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:39 pm

perch wrote:@junsei7

That's really interesting about Donald. My Sue didn't get to explain the marriage to him, she asked him if he wanted to hear about it and he said no, then she asked him if they were cool and he said close enough, then they went to bingo together. I guess he doesn't trust my Sue as much.

Oo - that's really interesting. I wonder if you were nicer to Grabiner than I was? Did you still get the hugging Donald after the fire and him calling you beautiful after spring break? I'm going to go try get your version... :)

perch

#59 Post by perch » Thu May 12, 2011 6:46 pm

@junsei7

Yes I defended him during the fire incident, hugged him when he showed up and he called her beautiful. I think I didn't have enough built up for him earlier in the game, like I did the bare minimum detentions to get on his path. But my Sue is also on the same 'good' path with Grabiner. Coming to his room, asking him about hobbies so maybe she's too far on his path.

Ditto for me. I want to try again and get your path so Donald will hint at more for my Sue. :D

@Elze

Yes. I love that Donald is there to counterbalance all the other crazy and intense story lines. He's a really well done 'nice guy' because he can still be a bit selfish and occasionally thoughtless about how he handles the relationship. He's the juvenile delinquent who ends up being one of the most balanced and nicest people your Sue can meet.

sweetdreams

#60 Post by sweetdreams » Fri May 13, 2011 12:22 am

so the girl decides to go see damien cos she 'needs' to know the truth or she'll regret it...hopefully she doesn't believe him so easily and fall back into his arms straight away :p he needs to feel rejection deeply :D besides she's already poison to him so be more poisonous :P