Romance paths (spoilers)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
sweetdreams

Romance paths (spoilers)

#1 Post by sweetdreams » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Grabiner
-have to be treasurer

Damien
-have to accept his hand at the assembly thing

Donald
-get into detention as much as you can :wink:

This is a work in progress since the game is not complete yet and any help would be appreciated :)
Last edited by sweetdreams on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:34 am

If you want to get anywhere with Grabiner, you have to be Treasurer. Otherwise he will only see you as just another student.

That relationship develops more slowly than the others do, so don't expect too much action early on.

Naiomi666

spanking (semi spoilers)

#3 Post by Naiomi666 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 am

Merged from other topic since the discussion was relevant to this topic. And because I just installed a 'merge' mod on the forum and wanted to test it.

i had a question or a favor. If you get magically spanked does grabiner ever mention it again? Or does our character ever think about that incident?

deb44

#4 Post by deb44 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:28 am

i haven't seen Grabiner mention it again through my playthroughs

sweetdreams

#5 Post by sweetdreams » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

yes I became a treasurer and also got the wedding scene :) but I've seen others get the smack scene? How do I get that?

Ellume

#6 Post by Ellume » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm

i had a question or a favor. If you get magically spanked does grabiner ever mention it again? Or does our character ever think about that incident?
I don't believe I've seen this event. Does it happen in a class or where?

Riviera

#7 Post by Riviera » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 pm

It's one of the detention events.

Ellume

#8 Post by Ellume » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Ahh, thanks. I will go track it down sometime.

sayuri

#9 Post by sayuri » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm just curious as to whether I should be cheeky and not really get spanked or if I should get a magical spanking (to have better approval with Grabiner)

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 pm

The spanking is not required for a good outcome with Grabiner (because not everyone is kinky and I don't want to force that!) Beyond that, do what seems sensible for you and the character you're playing! :)

Riviera

#11 Post by Riviera » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:54 am

I've gotten Donald's path and I've only gotten detention one time, for the fire dragon event.

I don't think it's required, but you do get more events with him. You understand the full story behind a certain box, for instance, if you were in detention with him before that.

All you really have to do is be nice to him, which applies to any of them, really. :)

perch

#12 Post by perch » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:23 am

Spoilery bits in white.

I've managed to get on four of the main paths Donald, Grabiner, Damien & Virginia in various playthroughs and I am close to Ellen in a fifth, but more as a BFF than romantically which I found really interesting.

I'm also super curious to see if there's a minor romance path with Big Steve or if he's just meant to either get my character/one of my love interests interested in trying Bounders competitively later on. I also feel like there's something brewing for Luke and Logan, but probably in another story than this one. Part of me wishes I could sweep Minnie off her feet, but I also like being a supportive shoulder for her with certain characters.

Most part being kind to people has worked out really well like Riveria pointed out and experimenting with when I go to the mall versus staying in to study to get certain events. Still haven't figured out how to get the 'spanking'.

sayuri

#13 Post by sayuri » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 am

I believe spanking is when for the first 'real' dungeon you jump over the abyss.

I've been having trouble getting the romances with Virginia and Ellen. The closest I've gotten with Ellen was on my 'bitchy' file. I kept making her and Virginia mad at me. Still, I got an event with Ellen before the dance about who she could ask, and I said 'I was actually going to ask you'. She turned me down and didn't ask me to Medea but that was the closest I ever got to romance. As for Virginia... I'm not even sure :P

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 am

To get an actual romance with Virginia instead of a close friendship, you need to have raised a certain stat. If you're on her path but you don't have enough points in that stat, she'll at some point give you a hint about what the stat was, but declare that the two of you are very good friends and that's what she wants.

For Ellen, the option to take things in a more romantic direction will occur during the Valentine's events. (So as of this writing, when the plot is only at the beginning of February, it hasn't happened yet.)

perch

#15 Post by perch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 am

@hanako That's super exciting then. I wonder if my character will stay friends with Ellen or advance at Valentine's day. I really love that all five major paths have clearly different types of romances. It makes all my playthroughs feel unique and worth it to run through the content multiple times discovering all the little extra things.

@Sayuri Thanks. I never thought to do that during that dungeon, but in hindsight, that would make complete sense to get Grabiner to flip out.

As for Virginia her romance path is very sweet. I actually stumbled over it in a play through while hunting around for extra Donald scenes and trying classes I don't usually take. Hint: It's Virginia's passion and related to the club you're in and going to the mall often lets you participate in certain events about her brothers.