Two Questions (Class elections, romance paths)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
reni344

Two Questions (Class elections, romance paths)

#1 Post by reni344 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Question One: How do you win president? I have won treasurer. But never president.

Question Two: What different romance paths are in the game and how do you get them it's hard getting to different events because I have no idea what leads up to them.

Thanks in advance. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm

1. You can't win the presidential election in this chapter, the best you can do is get a merit boost from Potsdam for running a good campaign. Minnie worked hard to ensure her victory, and HorsePC is just not equipped to compete. The Presidential option will be available to a different PC in a different chapter.

2. You do not have to play perfectly to get someone's romance path. There are lots and lots of events that you may or may not encounter; they're generally not required. The only two characters that take a little extra work to get involved with, there are hints in-game. For instance, it should be clear that Donald spends a lot of time in detention, and that running for Treasurer gives you more opportunities to interact with Grabiner. Many events will happen automatically and it's then up to you to react to them, some events happen very rarely but you can do fine without them.

The five characters with "full" romance plots are Ellen, Virginia, Donald, Damien, and Professor Grabiner. These are not necessarily the only options, but they are the most developed ones.

By Christmas it should be obvious if you're doing well with a character; by the end of January you will either be on one of those paths or not.

sweetdreams

#3 Post by sweetdreams » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 am

Are those the only characters available for romancing in this game? How many characters are there for romancing in this chapter? What about William and Kyo?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 am

Those are the only characters with full plotlines for the Horse Hall PC. Other characters may or may not be available for romantic interactions, but if they are, it will be brief flings, last-minute hook-ups, friendships with the suggestion that they might develop into more, and so on. You won't get the full emotional rollercoaster. If you want to romance a different character properly, you'll need to wait for another game chapter with a different PC.

I'd prefer not to comment on specific character possibilities such as the names you mentioned at the moment, but others can feel free to speculate. :)

Muse

#5 Post by Muse » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:38 am

I was wondering about William and Kyo (and Pastel) as well. XD They all seem fun, but I figured we couldn't date everyone we run into in the game anyway.

Glad to see a nice list, at least, and with that number the events have all been cute so far. :D

machnist

#6 Post by machnist » Sun May 01, 2011 1:13 am

umm can some1 tell me how to even enter the elections
i cant seem to get rid of 10 demerits b4 election time...

i got 5 off by going thru first exam with black magic...

after reading a topic,
i tried to get 10 off by using blue but i never seem to be able to reach 30 blue b4 1st dungeon... since you have to try all magic in order to get into 1st dungeon and all...

summers1989

#7 Post by summers1989 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:34 am

I just participate in the initiation ceremony and then when your love letter to Damien ends up on Grabiner's desk, just admit to it being your love letter. You'll get 10 extra demerits, but you'll also receive 20 merits the next day.

Riviera

#8 Post by Riviera » Sun May 01, 2011 2:21 am

machnist wrote:umm can some1 tell me how to even enter the elections
i cant seem to get rid of 10 demerits b4 election time...

i got 5 off by going thru first exam with black magic...

after reading a topic,
i tried to get 10 off by using blue but i never seem to be able to reach 30 blue b4 1st dungeon... since you have to try all magic in order to get into 1st dungeon and all...
Don't have to try all the magic classes to actually be able to take the test, but you'll have to take the demerits to get that option.

I just do what summers said. Just make sure you are in one of his classes when the letter goes into play, and you'll get that scene.

machnist

#9 Post by machnist » Mon May 02, 2011 6:27 am

ah i see, it worked!
thanks guys :D