How to change Gender?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
ladysasuke

How to change Gender?

#1 Post by ladysasuke » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:25 am

Can someone help me with this? Everytime i do the set up and choose a different body type it keeps saying Miss and taking me to the girl's dorm. Am i missing something?

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:37 am

Did you somehow manage to find a way to make the game let you choose a male body? There should only be the two female body types available when creating characters.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:51 am

The first game release is set in Horse Hall, which is a female hall. Even if you manage to obtain a male-looking body, you would be in Horse Hall and treated as female by other characters.

The next one to come out after the current chapter is finished will be set in Wolf Hall and feature a male PC. There will eventually be one game for each hall, half with male PCs and half with female. (Well, eventually if the series sells well enough to make all six of them, anyway.)

... Now, I'm not ruling out having the option to play a female character who looks masculine, but it's not supported at the moment.

Ariel Schnee

Re: How to change Gender?

#4 Post by Ariel Schnee » Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

ladysasuke wrote:Can someone help me with this? Everytime i do the set up and choose a different body type it keeps saying Miss and taking me to the girl's dorm. Am i missing something?
I don't think you can change your gender any.

Not in this game anyway.

This isn't Ranma 1/2, even if there is a Magical Horse Hall in it too.^_^
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

MachineMaiden

#5 Post by MachineMaiden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 pm

hanako wrote:The first game release is set in Horse Hall, which is a female hall. Even if you manage to obtain a male-looking body, you would be in Horse Hall and treated as female by other characters.

The next one to come out after the current chapter is finished will be set in Wolf Hall and feature a male PC. There will eventually be one game for each hall, half with male PCs and half with female. (Well, eventually if the series sells well enough to make all six of them, anyway.)

... Now, I'm not ruling out having the option to play a female character who looks masculine, but it's not supported at the moment.
S-Six?! :shock: That makes me happy to hear that! A bit sad though the second will be a male PC though but I guess it's to be fair and all. :? Boo! XD

So two questions now arise, 1) did sales do well enough to support a sequel? and 2) after the sequel do you mean all following titles will have a male/female option for the MC? hmm oh! ya I know I said 2 but hey! thought of another! 3) will all future titles have the customization as the first? I think that's what really drew me in on this title as well.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:04 pm

We've only technically been launched for a week! :) Certainly yes it looks like at the moment keeping the series going is a good idea.

The logical progression is Wolf next (Because of the involvement of Damien and William in the Wolf story, I think many players from Horse will want to see what happens) followed by Butterfly (giving us Pastel's story). But we'll see.

No individual game can let you choose your gender because you have to be a member of the appropriate hall. It might be possible through a bonus to use a male character sprite in a female character game or vice versa if you really wanted, but you would still be treated as a member of the appropriate sex. (And there's more on that subject in the Butterfly story when we get there...)

MachineMaiden

#7 Post by MachineMaiden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 pm

That's great news! I've been trying to spread word of it and it's sequel as well. :wink:

Will the MC (main character) be sorta mono-gendered like the first? I mean will you be able to make him at least sorta feminine? ^^; If not I suppose it will still be okay. Sorta like playing the older Harvest Moons and Rune Factory's. :lol:

I haven't played much of the demo yet so I'm not sure on what the Butterfly house will be. I didn't notice on the forums or website a list of characters (romance-able and non), houses and such. Will there be one made or at least posted on the forums?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

I don't want to bog down the website with too much information. And there's an AWFUL lot of information that can be shared about this game!

I'd *hope* that someone will start a wiki... :)

MachineMaiden

#9 Post by MachineMaiden » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:40 pm

I would but a couple things stop me, 1) lack of the game and 2) I wouldn't have the foggiest how to start one! :lol:

1 might be rectified soon! Even put up my character finally for the discount! :wink:

Amaya Redfern

#10 Post by Amaya Redfern » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:03 pm

I don't suppose there's any chance that in a sequel there will be more about Damien? I just feel like so much more could happen after you get moved to Snake Hall, so I'm wondering.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Damien will be a main character again on the WolfPC storyline and you'll see things from a different angle. That's all I can say right now. :)

PDuo

#12 Post by PDuo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm actually more interested in pricing. Will each one have a demo discount, like this one?

I really love this game, but $125 for the rest of the series is a bit steep.

Ladygothika87

#13 Post by Ladygothika87 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 pm

PDuo wrote:I'm actually more interested in pricing. Will each one have a demo discount, like this one?

I personally would pay that. The game has so much replayability, more so then most games like this that you would pay the same price for. But I agree discount offers on other ones would be great. Or even the oppurtunity to buy in alpha or beta again.

MachineMaiden

#14 Post by MachineMaiden » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:06 pm

hanako wrote:Damien will be a main character again on the WolfPC storyline and you'll see things from a different angle. That's all I can say right now. :)
Hmm, question about that is though how will you handle if your character has romanced him?
PDuo wrote:I'm actually more interested in pricing. Will each one have a demo discount, like this one?

A possibility is that there could be a demo discount as well. I know that attracted me to buy it more so but also maybe a discount for if you purchased the first one. Although since it will be a full on game and not expansion then that might not apply but still the demo discount would be nice. Or possibly send a discount through your mailing lists, I noticed a lot of groups neglect that. I signed up on your yahoo one a long while ago. :lol:

hanako
Site Admin

#15 Post by hanako » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:02 am

While I can't absolutely confirm anything that isn't currently in development, I would expect that future entries would probably have cheap preorders like this one did (The earliest alpha was priced at $10 for people who were willing to get in early and help test), bundle discounts for buying multiple entries at once, discounts available to anyone who already owned another entry in the series, AND demo discounts. :)

Finding out about the best deals does tend to require following the forum and/or newsletter, but I do make them available.