Dungeon 4 Spoilers

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

Dungeon 4 Spoilers

#1 Post by hanako » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Making threads for people to share how they beat, or fun things they found in, each dungeon.

If what you found appears to be a bug, send that to bug reporting instead.

These threads are obviously likely to become spoiler-heavy and you probably shouldn't peek until you've at least tried each dungeon yourself!

Riviera

#2 Post by Riviera » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 pm

My ways:

Beating the tar out of the monster with a combination of slash and crush (red magic)

Casting Darkness (blue magic)

Using blind or entangle (green magic)

Distraction (white magic). Fear would probably work, too. I also tried Empathy, and it showed that the monster was angry and confused. I wonder if something could be done in that direction? Maybe some sort of soothing spell? Heal didn't work.

Sleep (green/white magic) would probably work, too.

In fact the only magic I've had no luck with is black.

I think you only get the non-violence merits if the monster doesn't hit you and you don't hit it, either.

nonhoration

#3 Post by nonhoration » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I used "Teleport Object" (blue magic) here too, to teleport the monster into one of the dead ends. I used "Fear" one time, but IMO it's not the best option, because the monster ran in the direction that I was trying to go in, and attacked me again once I'd moved up there.

Aetheria

#4 Post by Aetheria » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm

The first time I played it, I used Awareness (white) to make the next square on the map appear, then Teleport Self (blue) to transport myself there.

So you can use "Teleport Object" on the monster? I didn't even try it, since the spellbook says it can only be used on an "unliving object". Maybe the spell description ought to be revised...

Hanako edits: This is in the process of being changed and should be discussed in the preorder thread. Trying to keep bug reports out of this thread because they'll quickly become irrelevant as they're fixed.

Alexzyuy

#5 Post by Alexzyuy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 am

I've found that you can use Slow (Green) and then Darkness (Blue) to slip right by the monster.

nakiab

#6 Post by nakiab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:43 am

i found out you can use Cloak(Blue) you can move 5 times without being seen you get 10 merits 5 for passing and 5 for not getting harmed.

sweetdreams

#7 Post by sweetdreams » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

nonhoration wrote:I used "Teleport Object" (blue magic) here too, to teleport the monster into one of the dead ends. I used "Fear" one time, but IMO it's not the best option, because the monster ran in the direction that I was trying to go in, and attacked me again once I'd moved up there.
Yeah...I used teleport object and moved the monster to one of the dead ends then I just exited the place. But I saved just before meeting the monster. I know it's the second or third tile up in the middle aisle. If however you end up going the wrong way and meet up with it again, just reload the file :)

Ellume

#8 Post by Ellume » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:00 pm

If you have 50 mana and the black spell dig, then you can dig your way past.

Sal Wal

#9 Post by Sal Wal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 am

I found that you run right through the dungeon to the exit, you won't meet the monster at all! :lol: You even get 10 merits from Potsdam afterwards for finishing it without violence.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm

If you went through the center and never saw the monster that sounds like a bug. Did you do anything strange?

Sal Wal

#11 Post by Sal Wal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't think I did anything strange, I just ran through really fast.

edit: removing off-topic stuff (These threads get spoilery enough already, I'd like to at least keep the spoilers grouped so people know which spoilers they're stumbling into!)

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Post by hanako » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:05 pm

If you mean that you saw it but were clicking quickly and ran past it, then yes, that actually is a bug... it's just a tricky one to fix. It is not a real solution.

(Snipping the rest of that because it's off-topic for this thread)