Bug reporting help

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Spiky Caterpillar

#31 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:22 am

KeyError: valentine_price crashes on February 14th should be fixed in alpha 0.3.55. You'll need to load a save made on Feb 13th or earlier for the fix to take effect.

Riviera

#32 Post by Riviera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 am

Also.. (finding all kinds of stuff, aren't I?)

On this latest game (it's persisted through v 3.53 and v 3.55), I've noticed if I click through kinda fast on the latest dungeon (the one with the manus and chest)... the brick stays on the left side of the screen.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ot0003.png

It remains there until Virginia appears on the screen when she shows up, and then it reverts to normal again. I've tried using my scrollwheel, and it will actually turn back to the bricks graphics again if I roll it back, then revert as she comes onto the screen again as it goes back forward.

hanako
Site Admin

#33 Post by hanako » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Despite what Spiky said, I think there may still be some problems with the Valentine's section, and I suspect some saves will need to be before Feb 10th to completely work. We're still thumping on it.

In particular, the case in which you were treasurer but lost your position due to demerits is kinda messed up right now. (although I'm not sure how many people found out that was even possible!) so hopefully MOST people's games are okay now.
Last edited by hanako on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riviera

#34 Post by Riviera » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, my latest save was on Feb 4th, and that worked fine after I upgraded to 3.55.

Take that for what it's worth. :lol:

Riviera

#35 Post by Riviera » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Loaded up a game that was on Donald's path, from March 4th.

This came up: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ ... ot0004.png

I was able to keep going past this screen and nothing further seemed to go wrong, so I have no idea what's up.

Traceback screen never came up, this seemed to be treated like a normal line of dialogue. I played through this day with my other characters on other routes, some from around the same point in time and some from earlier, and none of them saw this, so it might be Donald-specific?

Version 0.3.62.1

Spiky Caterpillar

#36 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:07 am

I think that particular message was triggered by my not hiding Minnie properly after the March 4th event. If you were treasurer, it should be fixed if you play through March 4th in a version newer than 0.3.62.1 (which hasn't been released yet.).

(If you WEREN'T treasurer then there's another bug I need to fix somewhere.)

sweetdreams

#37 Post by sweetdreams » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 am

on march the 8th I can't get past the dialogue when donald says 'I told you I've been busy...' keeps having a traceback...is something wrong?

Riviera

#38 Post by Riviera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:12 am

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:I think that particular message was triggered by my not hiding Minnie properly after the March 4th event. If you were treasurer, it should be fixed if you play through March 4th in a version newer than 0.3.62.1 (which hasn't been released yet.).

(If you WEREN'T treasurer then there's another bug I need to fix somewhere.)
Ah, okay. Happy to say, she is treasurer. So at least that's not one more bug for you to hunt down. :D

Spiky Caterpillar

#39 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 am

0.3.62.2 is now up and should fix both bugs.

summers1989

Trouble with Updating Screen

#40 Post by summers1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:29 am

I have version 0.3.63.4 of Magical Diary, and my computer is Windows Vista. At one point, I clicked the button that told me to reset the game to the current version I already had at the time and still have now. Problem is, when I try to check on the update process, it freezes for a while and then shows this message.
An error occurred trying to get the latest update list: UpdateException("Could not download 'http://updates.spikycaterpillar.com/mag ... ':URLError(error(10060,'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or establish connection failed because connected host has failed to respond'),)",)[/img]
[/img]

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Post by hanako » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:59 pm

From the error message that sounds like an internet hiccup between your computer and the update server rather than a game bug - try again later?

(Resetting to the current version shouldn't actually do anything anyway.)

summers1989

#42 Post by summers1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:45 pm

hanako wrote:From the error message that sounds like an internet hiccup between your computer and the update server rather than a game bug - try again later?

(Resetting to the current version shouldn't actually do anything anyway.)
Okay, thank you. I suspected as much, but I thought that I would take every precaution.

Rozelliee

#43 Post by Rozelliee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:54 am

Hello. This is my first post here, so hello. :)

Anyway, in the latest version of the game (0.3.67.7), I got an exception when trying to blast open the door at the end of the last exam.

Also, I found a typo early on in the game, after choosing not to do Freshman Initiation, when Virginia and Ellen talk to you in your room, the main character says 'So what? I wan't going to let Damien treat me like that.' Umm, I don't know if that was enough information, but I hope it helps. I found it a while ago but I wasn't sure where to post it, so I just went with here.

Thanks for the amazing game, btw!

Riviera

#44 Post by Riviera » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am

I think this belongs here... *said after being modded* :oops:

On the latest dungeon, game build 0.3.66.(forget the last, but it was the alpha build before 0.3.67.7):

I used Stoneshape on the fountainthing to turn it into a ball, but prior to now it'd fall into an abyss before it hit the door. Might've been because the dungeon was still in alpha. Will have to retry. Mod note - This is a weird bug of some sort and should go elsethread.

The ball went forward and disappeared right before the door, with the note about it falling into the abyss showing up right afterwards. It was completely gone off the map, but other than that nothing changed. I tried to move forward and got the message about the door being locked like usual.

I have not tried this on the current build, so I can't say for certain if the bug is still there. I'd simply figured that this was a strange sort of spell trap, and a way the teachers were being wily and stopping me from using "the easy way." :oops:

hanako
Site Admin

#45 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I know we saw things vanishing into a nonexistent abyss at one point during alpha of that dungeon but I think we fixed it, so let me know if it does happen again.

I just try to keep early bugs out of the dungeon threads because those bugs will hopefully be gone soon and mentions of them might confuse people reading those threads for help later. :)

(I think at some point we had a conversation along the lines of "Um, Spiky? I just tried to push the hooded guy through the doors and it says he fell into an abyss. And then a turn later the game crashed." "... yeah, that would be him tryng to escape from a nonexistent abyss. Oops.")