Bug reporting help

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
perch

#46 Post by perch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:42 pm

I uploaded a bug report that I got in the latest dungeon. In other attempts I discovered if I had less than 35 smarts I would fail the game with the hooded figure. This time I had exactly 35 smarts, lost and then got an error.

junsei7

#47 Post by junsei7 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm on version 0.3.68.1.

I was racking up demerits to try to get fired from being Treasurer. I was at 40 demerits and then gave up on dungeon 6 to get another ten. I got a scene with Grabiner saying I was on thin ice, then a smaller screen (like a screen within a screen - so I had two images of Grabiner) appeared with Grabiner saying I got ten demerits for failing and was expelled.

I haven't described that very well, but I hope it's enough.

hanako
Site Admin

#48 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

junsei7 wrote:I'm on version 0.3.68.1.

I was racking up demerits to try to get fired from being Treasurer. I was at 40 demerits and then gave up on dungeon 6 to get another ten. I got a scene with Grabiner saying I was on thin ice, then a smaller screen (like a screen within a screen - so I had two images of Grabiner) appeared with Grabiner saying I got ten demerits for failing and was expelled.

I haven't described that very well, but I hope it's enough.
good catch, this will be fixed as of 0.3.68.3 (currently alpha) :)

junsei7

#49 Post by junsei7 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

hanako wrote: good catch, this will be fixed as of 0.3.68.3 (currently alpha) :)
Thanks for this. :D

I'm not sure this is fixable, but I had a few saved games started under the previous alpha (I can't remember the exact number but one of the ones where dungeon 6 was incomplete) and I can't read my spellbook past the third page - except when inside a dungeon. I thought it might come good on the beta version, but hasn't. Just thought I should flag it.

junsei7

#50 Post by junsei7 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm using version 0.3.69.

I'm in the dungeons with Donald and Luke and after we decide to leave and can't see an exit, the image of Donald shifts down the screen. Luke is still at the proper level. I don't think this hasn't happened before when I've had this scene.

Riviera

#51 Post by Riviera » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Version 0.3.69.2

Almost hate to say anything. *sigh*

I've noticed that even though the Opponent pushes me backwards, meaning they are in front of me, if I run fast and get to the exit, I still get 5 merit points and I seem to have beat them. Is this intended? Does the Opponent go a different way (via teleportation or something) and take longer to get through? Is this to help us out? I never actually see the Opponent, so I didn't pass him/her...

I've also noticed that when I use Push to push the Opponent behind me, I'll take a single step, and then they will be automatically in front of me and pushing me backwards. Is this the game's way of showing that I pushed them into myself and knocked myself back? Because the Opponent disappears and it seems to work correctly until I actually take a step.

I've noticed that using Entangled on him/her no longer works as long as it did when the dungeon was in alpha. It used to pretty much be a permanent way to stop him/her, now it works for maybe one turn until s/he uses a red magic spell and is out. This is an observation more than a bug report because it seems to be intentional.

perch

#52 Post by perch » Sun May 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Version 3.71

When I Spoiler: kiss Pastel on my Sue that's on Grabiner's romantic path I get this error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NameError: name 'grabiner_points' is not defined

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 382, in main
File "C:\Program Files\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 170, in run
NameError: name 'grabiner_points' is not defined

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

charonn

bugs

#53 Post by charonn » Sun May 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Not sure if this is windows 7/my pc/ or the game, but sometimes during scenes I get this " not responding error" which will take about 30 seconds before the game resumes again.

Spiky Caterpillar

#54 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Tue May 03, 2011 5:39 am

charonn: That sounds like your computer being a bit too overloaded, though there are some parts that I intend to try to optimize before final release that might help with that.

What parts of the game does the problem show up in? What sort of processor and how much memory do you have? Does it run better if you quit all other programs? What renderer does it say you're using (Click the Options button and go to 'Advanced Video Settings' to see)? If it says you're using the 3D-accelerated renderer, does it help to set it to software rendering? (Which seems counterintuitive, but if your 3D card or drivers are sufficiently unusual it may actually help.) What resolution screen do you have, and what size does the game *think* you have?

Aetheria

#55 Post by Aetheria » Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I notice in the most recent dungeon, when I've tried to use spells like Stagger, Sleep, or Distraction that sound like they would distract the Hooded Figure and prevent him from pushing me back, I get a message saying the spell worked (e.g. "The hooded figure reels") but then he always casts Push anyway. Is this supposed to happen, and if so, when would those spells be useful?

hanako
Site Admin

#56 Post by hanako » Tue May 03, 2011 9:49 pm

What is supposed to happen is that spellcasting within a round is simultaneous. So the vast majority of spells you can cast will not stop your dueling partner from casting a spell in that round. With most spells, if you cast something while he's also casting, you'll BOTH get hit. Pushing him doesn't stop him from Pushing you, they happen at the same time.

The exception are spells that say 'interrupt' in the description. Stagger SHOULD stop him from pushing you... that round. But if you then move, that's a new round, and in that new round he can still act.

Distraction, on the other hand, doesn't stop him from doing anything in the current round, it stops him from doing anything in the next round. (This is hinted at during duel practice with Donald, if you had and used this spell then.)

He shouldn't be able to act when asleep, though. That's a bug and being worked on...

SilvaraWilde

#57 Post by SilvaraWilde » Sat May 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm using version 0.3.72.4

In the 6th dungeon, when I bribe the hooded figure with my wand and he accepts, when he leaves I suddenly lose my map as well. The little map in the right bottom corner that lets you see where you've been and how the walls turn? Yeah, that's gone. So I have no idea how to escape the dungeon since I keep getting turned around and can't figure out where I haven't been. Even using Breeze, it gives you north/south/west directions, but I don't know which direction that IS in relation to where my character is without the map...

gladi

#58 Post by gladi » Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 am

Bright day
In my playthroughs through 3.73.4 the Ellen cleaning after Virginia event did not fire for me. Also even though I had positive merits I could ask Minnie for a job getting rid of demerits.

Alas in my idiocy I automatically upgraded once I got to the net... :(

hanako
Site Admin

#59 Post by hanako » Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Not necessarily bugs depending on how other events played out. :)

Benazir

#60 Post by Benazir » Wed May 11, 2011 9:21 am

I can't update from version 0.3.68.1. I have tried many times :(