Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

#46 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:09 pm

spoilery:

What should happen is that if you have detention but rush over to tell him about it before the detention, he comes around on Sunday and is fairly understanding, but if you don't tell him, then when you next see him he has a hissy-fit. However, if you have detention and beg your way out of the date because of it, but are also Treasurer and therefore miss his attempt at rescheduling for the next week, there's no way to avoid him blowing up.

If you're doing the "I'm SORRY!" routine and then having him be mad immediately on the following day, something's gone wrong...

Muse

#47 Post by Muse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm

hanako wrote:spoilery:

What should happen is that if you have detention but rush over to tell him about it before the detention, he comes around on Sunday and is fairly understanding, but if you don't tell him, then when you next see him he has a hissy-fit. However, if you have detention and beg your way out of the date because of it, but are also Treasurer and therefore miss his attempt at rescheduling for the next week, there's no way to avoid him blowing up.

If you're doing the "I'm SORRY!" routine and then having him be mad immediately on the following day, something's gone wrong...
What happened was I did the I'm sorry because I had detention. Then he came and did the shouting and rescheduling thing, after that it sent me straight to the mall and then I had a scene where my character stayed out too late, and my roommate forgot to tell her something about Damien, so then apparently I stood him up.

I wasn't Treasurer, however. If I attach a save that saved after that stuff, can you go back and see what I did or do I need to recreate it and put a save before it somewhere?

deb44

#48 Post by deb44 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:25 am

i get to dec. 4 and then i get XXX not written beyond here

Spazzbunny

#49 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:46 am

Hmm, I seem to have run across a bit of an interesting situation. Not sure how to report it, so I suppose I'll just describe it here.

I keep getting sent back to the opening page. It's quite bothersome.
I passed the third test and went back to the room and had the conversation with Ellen. No matter which of the three options I picked, a few lines later I ended up at the title screen. There's no error message, I just get sent there without warning.
Also, if it helps, I'm not the treasurer, and I've hit mostly Damien's events.

EDIT: It also happens if I fail the exam. Right now, it just seems like I'm stuck.
EDIT2: I tried to get a few other variables, namely interacting with diffferent characters and the like, but nothing seemed to work.

On an unrelated side note, it's not an error, but I find it weird that, even if I wear a tiara, Damien still says that I should try wearing a hair ornament sometime. Seemed awkward to me.
Last edited by Spazzbunny on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

deb44

#50 Post by deb44 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:56 am

[quote="Spazzbunny"]Hmm, I seem to have run across a bit of an interesting situation. Not sure how to report it, so I suppose I'll just describe it here.

I keep getting sent back to the opening page. It's quite bothersome.
I passed the third test and went back to the room and had the conversation with Ellen. No matter which of the three options I picked, a few lines later I ended up at the title screen. There's no error message, I just get sent there without warning.
Also, if it helps, I'm not the treasurer, and I've hit mostly Damien's events.

EDIT: It also happens if I fail the exam. Right now, it just seems like I'm stuck.

i am getting this also

hanako
Site Admin

#51 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 pm

then i get XXX not written beyond here
that would be because there's no more game written yet!!

The game is, currently, only written up to just past the third exam. It will simply stop because it has nowhere else to go. More is obviously coming, it's just not there yet!
If I attach a save that saved after that stuff, can you go back and see what I did or do I need to recreate it and put a save before it somewhere?
That's enough description for me to test it and see if we can find the problem, so we shouldn't need a save for now. EDIT: Should be patched.

Spazzbunny

#52 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 am

All right. ^^ I had just been expecting to get another message about it not being written beyond that point, instead of it just stopping. Can't wait for the next installment!
Last edited by Spazzbunny on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#53 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, sometimes we stick in notes to try and warn you it's about to end, but not always, since we have to remove those notes every time we add more so they're slightly annoying to keep track of.

At the moment I'm working on events related to a certain group that may or may not have talked to some characters around Dec 4...

deb44

#54 Post by deb44 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:08 am

i love playing this game :D . it's soooo funny in some places. i don't even care that isn't done yet. i keep starting over and replaying it

hanako
Site Admin

#55 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 am

Now runs up to detention on Dec 7th.

Naiomi666

help

#56 Post by Naiomi666 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:57 am

Great game! I think i will need to go on a hiatus though. That way when i come back there will be more stuff!

I really do hope that you include lots of endings discussing what happens after that year. it's so much fun and it makes it replayable.

deb44

#57 Post by deb44 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 am

anyone know if it is possible to get detention on the day you have sell the candles? i haven't gotten it yet on any playthrough

Muse

#58 Post by Muse » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 am

deb44 wrote:anyone know if it is possible to get detention on the day you have sell the candles? i haven't gotten it yet on any playthrough
I can't remember for sure, but I don't think I was able to. I seemed to get it every other weekish. I'm still having trouble trying to find that spanking line in one of the detentions too.

a_crow

#59 Post by a_crow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm

hrrrm. I preordered the thing and the order went through but the site 404'd instead of giving me a download link or something. Help? But I've definitely paid (I checked my account balance and everything).

hanako
Site Admin

#60 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm

a_crow wrote:hrrrm. I preordered the thing and the order went through but the site 404'd instead of giving me a download link or something. Help? But I've definitely paid (I checked my account balance and everything).
Which site 404'ed? I see a recent order email, so assuming that's you, it should have gone into the system and you should receive an email. Check your email?

If you don't see anything, come back and give me more information. At what point did you get an error?