Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
junsei7

#301 Post by junsei7 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:01 pm

perch wrote:
And you can also hunt a couple of trophies that get you expelled really early in the game.
You've no idea how this sentence has been bugging me! I've tried to solve it on my own, but... I've got Truant (and obviously Expelled), but what other early ones are there? I've got various maxed out skill ones and the Kiss, marriage, secret society, but they all take a bit of work to get to so they aren't the ones you're talking about. Please help! :)

Cerberusia

#302 Post by Cerberusia » Sat May 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Ugh, I'm having considerable trouble with Virginia's path: I can get onto the friendship, but I can't get my Weird points high enough for a romantic relationship. Help on raising my Weird stat/anything else I'm doing wrong, please?

Spazzbunny

#303 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat May 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Weird points aren't that hard to stack up if you know where you're going. If you have your first class ever with Ellen, there's a chance for weird points. Kyo has at least one scene (I can't remember about the later ones) in which you can get weird points. Studying can yield and opportunityt o get some more points. Then there are a few instances in which you can get weird points from being with Virginia herself. The main ones I can think of are when she asks you about different styles and when you go shopping with her. Hitting these events should definitely put you over the amount needed to get onto her romantic path.

junsei7

#304 Post by junsei7 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Refusing initiation week and certain choices when running for election also helps rack up the weird. (Although you have to make sure you're not elected for Virginia, I think) :)

Cerberusia

#305 Post by Cerberusia » Sat May 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I'll try some of these out - thank you very much!

perch

#306 Post by perch » Sat May 14, 2011 5:55 pm

@junsei7

You've got a lot of the same ones I have for trophies as for endings I've found three different ones so far for the beginning.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Do nothing but sleep your first week. Then sleep your second week. You get a trophy and a unique ending.

Do nothing but take gym class. No trophy, but you get a unique ending when Potsdam comes to give out exam schedules. You can also do this with studying. It gets the same ending.

Get expelled by October for demerits. You get a third unique ending and a trophy.

There are trophies for each color you get to 100 as well as hitting 100 with Strong and Smart. I assume there are ones for Cute and Weird but I haven't gotten them yet. Then there is Kissed, Been Married, Secret Society which you've gotten. There's also one for letting your stress get too high which can happen within the first few weeks if you just don't rest.

There's also Bunny! that's a bit harder to get, but really rewarding and has fun little mini events later on that don't seem to affect any romance paths. I just stumbled over it so I'll give some hints. It requires multiple trips to the arcade for pinball, the claw machine and being at the arcade during an early school event. It should be attainable within the first couple of months in-game.

Otherwise I'm missing three at the top and Cute/Weird. Have you managed to get any of them?

junsei7

#307 Post by junsei7 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:55 am

@perch re MAJOR SPOILERS

Thanks for your help!

I got Bunny the other day thanks to your post about an extra Big Steve scene! It is SO cute! Thank you - I don't think I'd have found it otherwise. I felt so guilty the first time I cheated at the claw machine I didn't do it with any of my other Sues and stayed away from the arcade!

I managed to max out everything but my cute and weird. I haven't tried too hard with the weird yet, but I have been noting where to find them - I'm sure I'd be nowhere near 100. The highest Cute I've got is 85. Even if I then added the bunny to that I don't hit 100. I don't know if I'm missing places to get points or if they aren't there yet. I do remember Hanako posting about needing to put more in.

EDIT: I got 100 Cute but no trophy. (See next post)

But that leaves three, as you say. I assume at least one will be achieved by ending the game?
Last edited by junsei7 on Sun May 15, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

junsei7

#308 Post by junsei7 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Quick question - is there a trophy for cute/weird? I managed to get 100 Cute, but no trophy. I had hoped it was one of my missing ones... :(

hanako
Site Admin

#309 Post by hanako » Sun May 15, 2011 2:20 pm

There SHOULD be but it hasn't been properly tested yet.

The trophy stuff really isn't done yet. I'm not even sure what the whole list currently on the page is, I'm pretty sure there are trophies that aren't on that list, and the display desperately needs an overhaul. It's just low on the priority list of fixes at the moment. :oops:

junsei7

#310 Post by junsei7 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, Hanako! I was just curious - the completionist in me gets fixated on empty spaces in a trophy cabinet. :) My bad.

Riviera

#311 Post by Riviera » Sun May 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Helllllp! I tried to get the Bunny! trophy... but... even though I went and played pinball every weekend, I got nothing. Do you alternate every weekend? Does it have to do with Big Steve or can you win it yourself through a really lucky shot?
Last edited by Riviera on Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perch

#312 Post by perch » Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 pm

@Riviera

More detailed explanation/hints:

It does have to do with Big Steve. You need to play pinball a couple of times. Then you have some wiggle room. You can play the claw machine if you can manipulate it or wait a bit if you're trying to run for class treasurer. Then there's a certain event where you need to go to the arcade and play pinball. Hint: It's an event freshmen can't participate in. After that do the claw machine event if you haven't. Otherwise next time you go to the arcade there should be an additional option.

WickedDeadly

Random

#313 Post by WickedDeadly » Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am

This might be a bit off topic, but does anyone else dislike Potsdam?

Riviera

#314 Post by Riviera » Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am

Finally got it in February... lol. :shock:

I don't dislike Potsdam. She's kinda flaky, but she is serious when it matters and has definitely been in control of the situation when it got bad quite a few times across the characters I've played.

hanako
Site Admin

#315 Post by hanako » Mon May 16, 2011 2:59 am

New update gets us ALMOST to the end - for reference, the update is mostly Damien stuff, although there are other things in there.

There will be a pause here for a few days, because a) I'm traveling and will not be at computer to write and b) The big end-of-game events are probably best done together, so we may need to get a lot crammed in there before we can update again. Since the con is OMG ALMOST HERE we will be racing the clock to get to the ending next week (or week after next depending on how you define weeks).