Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
junsei7

#286 Post by junsei7 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 pm

perch wrote:Also slightly off topic did any one else wish that if you'd been dating Damien and then gotten married to Grabiner that there still would have been an attempt to kidnap you? I loved that he tried to kidnap my Sue on my Ellen path, but holy hell would it have been amazing to have seen Grabiner flip his lid if Damien had pulled that stunt with his wife.
I hadn't thought of that - that would be awesome! But I got the impression that whatever Damien was trying to do wouldn't work with the married Sue. But I have such a strong metal image from your post of a crazy protective Grabiner! Thank you! :)

perch

#287 Post by perch » Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Ah you're right junsei7 I forgot about the magical oath a Sue is under when she marries Grabiner. None of Damien's schemes would have probably worked.

Still I could wish right? I guess that's what fanfic is for all my wish fulfillment desires.

Spazzbunny

#288 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat May 07, 2011 4:57 am

Now that my computer is back up and running, I've finally played through what is finished of Damien and Donald's paths! xD After the latest development though, am I the only one who thinks Damien is kind of similar Alvaro from the Otomate game, Wand of Fortune? Try googling him if you don't know him (4shiki has a blog post on the game). The similarities are kind of amusing...

summers1989

#289 Post by summers1989 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 am

perch wrote:Ah you're right junsei7 I forgot about the magical oath a Sue is under when she marries Grabiner. None of Damien's schemes would have probably worked.

Still I could wish right? I guess that's what fanfic is for all my wish fulfillment desires.
Actually if you refuse to pursue a relationship with Damien, there's no way that he would know. So, you could still have Damien kidnap her and he's so angry, he doesn't realize that she's married until he tries to take her soul. Then you could have this whole scene where she's saved and we find out how Damien would be able to tell that she's married and why he couldn't take her soul because of it. So such a scene would still be possible.

sweetdreams

#290 Post by sweetdreams » Sun May 08, 2011 3:51 am

well one thing is for sure, we won't be seeing Damien for a long damn time :(

perch

#291 Post by perch » Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 am

@sweetdreams

I wonder. Hanako mentioned in one thread (sorry can't remember which one) about Damien that we would have to go look for him. I wonder if that will involve using that pocket knife he can give you if you compare his teeth to knives in the love letter. Plus the stone he made for you after Christmas or maybe he left behind that board game he got from a friend. He does say that the knife from his childhood so it might hold a clue in hunting him down. Or it was just one more lie in his web.

Question for everyone about the arcade and the claw machine. Does anyone know if you're able to win a bunny for yourself out of the claw machine or if you can only get it by asking Big Steve for help?

While I enjoy Big Steve's scene a whole lot if I give him the rabbit, I also really like the cute bonus it gives if my Sue keeps it. And I've tried raising my Smart/Strong/Blue/Black/Green to try and get it myself, but I don't know if it's possible and/or what stats I need to beat it.

gladi

#292 Post by gladi » Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 am

Merits
In my last playthrough I very quickly maxed out my merits. And it then seems so wastefull watching all additional merits fall through cracks... Maybe five all those ten merit rewards are not necessary?

hanako
Site Admin

#293 Post by hanako » Sun May 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Beta now includes some advancements involving Minnie's and Professor Grabiner's storylines.

Married characters should be able to tell by the end of the 8th whether romance is a possibility or not.

(As for merits - difficulty when you've played the game many times and know where to get points from and how to pass exams is obviously quite different from difficulty on your first go!)

perch

#294 Post by perch » Sun May 08, 2011 8:18 pm

About merits. That is very true. I managed to get my Sue expelled three times in my first four attempts at the game. I am terrible at a lot of the dungeons. *shifty eyes*

Elze

#295 Post by Elze » Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Grabiner scared the shit out of me in the recent update. ;_; Even though he's my favorite character, I think I'd only be able to date someone like that in a VN. Irl I'll be out of the door in a milli second. D: & yay I think my Sue's successful!

& I can't wait to see what kind of revenge is going to take place with the Minnie path xD

Elze

#296 Post by Elze » Mon May 09, 2011 1:41 pm

perch wrote:About merits. That is very true. I managed to get my Sue expelled three times in my first four attempts at the game. I am terrible at a lot of the dungeons. *shifty eyes*
I didn't know you can get expelled mid-game. O_O How many merits did you have?

perch

#297 Post by perch » Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

@Elze

-50 merits is all you need to get expelled. It's not that hard if you're really terrible at the dungeons (I mean anime heroine level of lack of direction sense) and screw up in secondary aspects.

Basically you can get to -45 by the end of October if you fail both -15 dungeons, get -10 from Grabby, -10 from Potsdam, -10 from the arcade, + 10 from helping Donald & -10 from the Dark Dance. There's also a chance you can get into trouble from Virginia, but I can't remember if that gives you demerits. If it does expelled by Halloween.

If not, yet you have an awful relationship with Grabiner, but manage to pass some exams you can still mess up if you don't have Donald to help you counteract some demerits and mess up during the snow day. That event can give you -5 or -10 demerits.

TL;DR Be horrible at exams and make consistently poor choices and you can be out by December, October if you don't take Donald's help.

And you can also hunt a couple of trophies that get you expelled really early in the game.

The only one that ever really frustrated me was when I was on my first Donald attempt and I got expelled during a key moment when Donald and Luke take your Sue into the dungeons. Mine had -45 merits and got kicked out before Grabiner could apologize and take them back, which was super annoying because my Sue had spent so much in-game time pursuing Donald and then gone.

frederic09

#298 Post by frederic09 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Elze wrote:Grabiner scared the shit out of me in the recent update. ;_; Even though he's my favorite character, I think I'd only be able to date someone like that in a VN. Irl I'll be out of the door in a milli second. D: & yay I think my Sue's successful!
Yeah, i found that very strange. And the way she accepted the excuses the next day... well it was wierd.

I wonder if Mary has a Princess Sarah side. She's hurted but still smiling.

And if one day i'll meet a girl like her, i won't know if i'll cry or laugh.
Silence is more of the Unknown than the world could tell.

hanako
Site Admin

#299 Post by hanako » Sat May 14, 2011 3:52 am

There was a minor error in Damien's path. A scene (which was optional and not necessarily important in any way) taking place at the beginning of April was accidentally left out earlier. As of 0.3.83.2 it's in place.

Completionists on Damien's path might want to back up a little before going forward to the new confrontation.

Or not. It's not necessarily relevant. :)

sweetdreams

#300 Post by sweetdreams » Sat May 14, 2011 12:18 pm

that scene just made the difference :D anyways I have a question, will the graduation be the last thing we see? it would be good to get a little bit of what happens to each couple in the future or to mary sue if she's alone...maybe not drawings but just a few words describing what happens a few years later since mary sue will still be in the school but her potential partners might have left already...