Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Cerberusia

#271 Post by Cerberusia » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 am

My feelings on this matter, summed up: !!!!!!!

Looking back, it's not completely out of the blue - the way he reacts when you've agreed to go out with him but accidentally got married to Grabby in the meantime, for instance - but it's still a hell of a shock.

...I still want a happy ending, though. But how do you get to a happy ending from THIS?

perch

#272 Post by perch » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:20 pm

When I first played the new content I thought the big event was kissing or rejecting Pastel and her magic mist and I was excited because ooh Pastel developments, which crashed my game because that toon is married and even the game was outraged at my Sue kissing her.

Then I played it on one of my other Sue's and got the Damien drama and holy cow! That was so great. Damien started as my favorite character (love the 'bad boy' stereotype) and then I started getting annoyed at him and his behavior until he was just about my least favorite of the five and then bam! Outright betrayal. :shock:

Great stuff.

Riviera

#273 Post by Riviera » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm

I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one who swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I figured I was just being my usual naive self. :)

sweetdreams

#274 Post by sweetdreams » Sun May 01, 2011 10:44 am

Cerberusia wrote:My feelings on this matter, summed up: !!!!!!!

Looking back, it's not completely out of the blue - the way he reacts when you've agreed to go out with him but accidentally got married to Grabby in the meantime, for instance - but it's still a hell of a shock.

...I still want a happy ending, though. But how do you get to a happy ending from THIS?
I agree with the last part! I can see no good ending from this! even if he does come back, I doubt and hope that mary sue will not fall so easily back into his arms...I mean come one, everything that happened in the past was just a lie!? I would be hurt xD so I will let him have a bit of rejection first before I go back to him :lol:

perch

#275 Post by perch » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

*blinks*

I just finished the latest alpha stuff and OMG! Finally I feel like my Sue's hard work with Virginia is paying off! And I'm really interested and apprehensive with where the Ellen arc is going on her path. That girl really is too smart and stubborn for her own good.

madeofwhin

#276 Post by madeofwhin » Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 pm

So I couldn't manage to fix the updater problem, so I decided to try and re-install the game... Only to find out, after I uninstalled, that my password for downloading had expired.

*headdesk*

I have the receipt and everything, so is it possible I might get a new password?

hanako
Site Admin

#277 Post by hanako » Mon May 02, 2011 5:53 pm

email me your receipt and I can have the system generate a new download link for you.

However, depending on when you first installed the game, you may need to do some manual cleanup work before you can install a new version. Go to where the game was originally installed and make sure ALL files are deleted. Otherwise, if you run the installer over what's left of the other version you can end up with files from multiple versions on your machine at the same time and the game goes "Buh?" and gives up in confusion. :)

sweetdreams

#278 Post by sweetdreams » Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 pm

since it's almost nearing may in the game and thus graduation, how many more dungeons will there be? one or two or more? :S

hanako
Site Admin

#279 Post by hanako » Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Only one more exam.

We may do an all-dungeon expansion sometime later for fun, though - if spiky decides it's worth the hair-tearing! :) (It would be not related to the plot, just Fun With Dungeons. Although you could imagine it was a summer extra credit project)

junsei7

#280 Post by junsei7 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:29 pm

hanako wrote:Only one more exam.

We may do an all-dungeon expansion sometime later for fun, though - if spiky decides it's worth the hair-tearing! :) (It would be not related to the plot, just Fun With Dungeons. Although you could imagine it was a summer extra credit project)
Fun - I would totally play that! I do love the dungeons! Fingers crossed Spiky has enough hair... :)

Bombermans

#281 Post by Bombermans » Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I also love the dungeons! :D It would be awesome if, in other halls (like, for example, wolf hall), you were able to beat extra dungeons for merits or demerits. It could even include a plotline.

About the kiss scene with Damien... am I the only one who thinks it was a little... forced?

I mean, the <character> says "Yes, please, kiss me!" at the begining of her first date, when she has just arrived to the beach. What if she wanted to wait until the end of the date? What if she didn't even want to kiss him?

The player was able to say "I don't feel that way about us" , when Damien asks the character to be his girlfriend. Then Damien says that he can change that feelings. If the player chose that 'path', I don't think the main character would have said "Kiss me, please!" at the begining of their date. I saw it like... forced... not natural.

I think it would be better if the player could decide about that. for example, at the end of the date, or even to reject the offer. The game even 'rewards' you with a trophy after been kissed, but you weren't able to decide about it!

hanako
Site Admin

#282 Post by hanako » Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 pm

That trophy is for you-the-player first reaching a kiss, ANY kiss, on any path. Yes, if you've gotten that far on Damien's path that particular smooch happens automatically, but you had to make various decisions to get there in the first place - you're not guaranteed a kiss on your first game playthrough.

ladysasuke

#283 Post by ladysasuke » Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Has anyone else got competely through a path. I'm just wondering since i'm on Damien's path, I'm not sure though if his path is over after the 'incident'

selenity136

#284 Post by selenity136 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Mr. Grumpy is still going =/. So is Donald's I believe. I don't know about the others though.

perch

#285 Post by perch » Thu May 05, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't think any of their paths are going to be over until the very end just because of twists and turns. :wink:

Virginia's is in a good place to have 'ended' since her major plot point has been resolved.

Ellen not so much since you're supposed to wait for the dance and there's the current intrigues she's not telling you about.

Donald is kind of being annoying at the moment. Definitely haven't resolved him yet. *shakes tiny fist of rage at latest update* One day Donald my Sue will pin you down!

Grabiner definitely has one more key event just to get on his romance path and I'm super excited for it.

Damien doesn't feel resolved either. Even if you said no to him I don't feel like he's going to give up and I really feel like there's more there if you did say yes and used either the love or hate options. Though it seems hinted in another thread by WoG (Hanako) that we have to track him down.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Pastel and if she's done and how Minniie's path is going to be concluded.

Also slightly off topic did any one else wish that if you'd been dating Damien and then gotten married to Grabiner that there still would have been an attempt to kidnap you? I loved that he tried to kidnap my Sue on my Ellen path, but holy hell would it have been amazing to have seen Grabiner flip his lid if Damien had pulled that stunt with his wife.