Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
sweetdreams

#256 Post by sweetdreams » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:12 am

Ellume wrote:
hanako wrote:Studying while under high stress is a specific situation that might allow for a weird option, though.
Stress over having demerits, stress over relationship confusion, stress over treasurer duties.

Also cute can be a bit abstract too, getting stressed while studying and flopping down on your desk with loud sign might even be viewed as cute to some :P
yes! cute is very varied depending on what happens :P like even daydreaming during class and her chin resting in her palm could also be seen as cute though it can also get demerits

but aside from that this next dungeon must be quite hard as y'all are working so hard on it :D and can't wait till the festival! There is a festival in game soon or some big event soon right? if I remember :S

junsei7

#257 Post by junsei7 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

This is my first time posting, so sorry if I do it wrong! (Such a Luddite!)

But on the subject of cute/weird points - I've just started playing through again to try to hunt out any scenes I may have missed and places to get those very points. Like I said, only just started being super thorough so am only in the early weeks, but...

Early on, I think there are places where Virginia, in particular, thinks you're weird but doesn't seem to affect your weird score? For instance, choosing Grabiner over William and I think throwing away the pie after opening the box?

For cute points, on the whole I've found these slightly easier to find and I can't think of an already existing action where Mary Sue should get them and doesn't. There may be a chance at the end of orientation party - with a choice of comments when trying to play nice between Damien and the roommates?

I'll keep a lookout as I go through the later weeks, though.

PS - Am loving this game almost wrong amounts. :D

sweetdreams

#258 Post by sweetdreams » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:01 pm

btw I have a question about merits? what's the highest number of merits we can get and what happens after we get full merits?

Riviera

#259 Post by Riviera » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:52 pm

The highest amount is 50.

Maybe you'll get some kind of award at the end of the school year? Nothing that noticeable has popped up for my character yet.

Except for something that happened with Donald, since she was on his path:

She told Donald she could vouch for him because she had high merits.

That might happen as long as you don't have a really low number though.

hanako
Site Admin

#260 Post by hanako » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 pm

OKAY!!

We are FINALLY putting the next dungeon into beta.

There are still bugs. Please report them. But it should be playable and winnable (and losable).

As you will see, it's not necessarily the hardest thing in the world, but there are a LOT OF POSSIBILITIES IN THERE!!!

A large number of spells that have so far done nothing had to be implemented for this exam, which is part of why it's taken so long. There are still a few spells that would be potentially useful that haven't been put in yet - we're getting there, but we thought it was about time to let people into what's available.

Also, a (green) spell that was accidentally left out of the learnable spell list is now available, so if you do have 100 green it's worth taking another green class to get the missing piece.

Ellume

#261 Post by Ellume » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:10 am

Woo, that is a fun dungeon.

Probably a bug: My opponent was Pushing me in the direction of the exit which helped me to win lol. I was using the spell Forewarned late in the dungeon and sometimes it would say he was Pushing me in a specific direction and sometimes it said he was Pushing me Away. When he pushed me "Away" it turned out to be in the direction of the exit. The time he pushed me in a specific direction it was in the opposite direction from the exit.

Also I thought it was kinda weird when I cast sleep on my opponent. It told me he was asleep, and then he cast his spell. I assume it was just how the spells resolved at the same time, but the order of the messages made it seem like the spell didn't have an effect.

Looking good but I've only played the dungeon once so that is all I have to say so far.

Riviera

#262 Post by Riviera » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 am

It WAS an interesting dungeon! I didn't realize you could have so much... banter, with the opponent. I dunno, I guess I was thinking of him/her as a magical construct even though it's obviously a person.

hanako
Site Admin

#263 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Latest patch should now have Empathy working on the Hooded Figure (I had forgotten to add emotions for him)

hanako
Site Admin

#264 Post by hanako » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Major plot update in beta.

I expect there may be some screaming.

Please do scream, just do it in spoiler text. :)

Spazzbunny

#265 Post by Spazzbunny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 am

....It frustrates me so much right now that my computer has a virus and won't be fixed until at least tomorrow. D:<

machnist

#266 Post by machnist » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:00 am

omgg can't wait to see what happens next!

Riviera

#267 Post by Riviera » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:11 am

... *screams*

*gestures*

Heck of an update.

*faints*

Ellume

#268 Post by Ellume » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 am

... Honestly I can't say I'm surprised. Likely would have been if I hadn't explored so many of the possibilities early game though. Looking forward to see how other people react hehe

sweetdreams

#269 Post by sweetdreams » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 am

eeek what's happening!? that was sudden O_O didn't see that one coming...haha great update though can't wait to see what happens next :D but just a question...does taking someone's soul mean that person dies?AND AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN THROUGH WITH HIM, HE DARES TO TELL ME IT'S ALL A JOKE!!! I hope he gets what he deserves... and I assume 'going along with it was the best choice out of the two even though it took down some of my stats and increased my stress?

well anyway next up is donald's concert!! btw does it matter wht choice we make to help out with the play?
Last edited by sweetdreams on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

junsei7

#270 Post by junsei7 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 am

So excited by the update. I figured something along those lines might happen - but not that extreme! Can't wait to see what happens next...