Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Spiky Caterpillar

#121 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:18 am

Search for a text file called 'traceback.txt' or 'opengl.txt' (it should be in your Magical Diary directory) and post the contents.

What screen size (in pixels) are you using?

Riviera

#122 Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 am

Oh! Before I forget:

I saw your tweet, hanako! It's really cool you're considering putting the spell hotkeys in! *too lazy to sign into twitter* :oops:

To be honest, when I suggested it, I was thinking more of just being able to put one spell per type in an assigned slot. It'd probably be less work.

I was also thinking more long-term (something that could work throughout the series) and from a perspective of not knowing how many dungeons would be in this or the rest of the games.
Spazzbunny wrote:-highfive back- Yeah! :D

True, I suppose. ^^ Though, I definitely have a love of all things mermaid-related from when I was a little kid, so I'm rooting for that.
Luke seems to avoid getting a lot of things: wet, dirty, cold, etc. xD And I loved the hug! >///< He's too cute! Though, our little fairy friend kinda creeped me out with that scene....
Lol, I was actually thinking of Damien's scene! But you're right, Luke was adorable during his, too! Haha, Pastel. You randy fairy, you.
Could it be that mybe you just never committed to anyone's path? I know a lot of games where if you are friendly to everyone without being with one specific person more, you end up not setting yourself toward any endings.
I think it was more a matter of me not realizing how badly they took the screw ups I did make. I wanted magic in the sports game, I picked on Ellen about her crush, I blew Damien off when he asked me out, and I didn't actively participate in Donald's shenanigans. I was nice the rest of the time! ... although now that I wrote all of that down I sound kind of mean.
Last edited by Riviera on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spazzbunny

#123 Post by Spazzbunny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:22 am

xD I almost forgot about his hug scene. I love Damien, but I suppose that little scene just never made an impact on me. And Pastel is ridiculous. If she is obtainable in another game I can promise I'll be torn between pursuing her out of curiosity and running away in fear.

>.> Your girl does sound wee bit anti-social there. I would keep the save file though. There might be an ending in which you don't end up with anyone, and that'll be useful to have.

sweetdreams

#124 Post by sweetdreams » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 am

I'm having trouble installing the game :( I already installed it once but my computer got a virus from something else and I had to reformat my comp so everything was gone including the game. When I went back to the email I got after buying the game, it says the password is blocked xD does that mean I can't install it anymore :(

Riviera

Q

#125 Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 am

Spazzbunny wrote:xD I almost forgot about his hug scene. I love Damien, but I suppose that little scene just never made an impact on me. And Pastel is ridiculous. If she is obtainable in another game I can promise I'll be torn between pursuing her out of curiosity and running away in fear.

>.> Your girl does sound wee bit anti-social there. I would keep the save file though. There might be an ending in which you don't end up with anyone, and that'll be useful to have.
She's my little rebel! Well, except for how she became treasurer. And made nice candles. Wait a sec.

.... I didn't check the Prof. HE likes her. WHAT?! My little girl! Where did I go wrong?! Image

Well, I guess she'll be my experiment.

Spazzbunny

#126 Post by Spazzbunny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 am

xD Nice. That's a bit scary, though. I tried to get the Professor, but it was a super half-hearted attmept. I'm just not as interested in him as I am in the others. Have fun with that!

Also, out of curiosity, what candle combo did you use? I tried to go through some, but the snotty senior kept dissing them. D:

deb44

Re: Q

#127 Post by deb44 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:00 am

Riviera wrote:
Spazzbunny wrote:xD I almost forgot about his hug scene. I love Damien, but I suppose that little scene just never made an impact on me. And Pastel is ridiculous. If she is obtainable in another game I can promise I'll be torn between pursuing her out of curiosity and running away in fear.

She's my little rebel! Well, except for how she became treasurer. And made nice candles. Wait a sec.

.... I didn't check the Prof. HE likes her. WHAT?! My little girl! Where did I go wrong?! Image

Well, I guess she'll be my experiment.
how did you get the Prof to like you char? i can't get him to like mine

Riviera

#128 Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 am

Owned up to the love letter during class. Ran for and became treasurer. Defended Donald about the fire-dragon thing and got detention. Got lots of merit points by doing work with Donald and passing all the exams (ended up with 20). Agreed with him that Potsdam just liked to confuse her students. Made up a candle combination that sold well (votives + pink + peppermint in my case). Asked about his book at the candle sale.

That's all I can think of that had anything at all to do with him...

The snotty senior will always diss your candles, I think. But with the combination I had, Minnie came up to me later and told me they'd sold really well and the Prof. told her I'd done a good job. Of course he didn't tell ME that. *huff*

Word of warning, you get five cute points for my combination. I think it's the color?

I also had my red magic as the strongest and my black magic as second strongest, but I don't know if that makes any difference? Red = 51 Black = 34
Last edited by Riviera on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jyrayos

#129 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 am

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Search for a text file called 'traceback.txt' or 'opengl.txt' (it should be in your Magical Diary directory) and post the contents.

The only thing i have in the folder for Magical Diary is the program and uninstalling it. Beside that, I cannot open it because it keeps closing. The laptop i am using dell studio 1555 and the screen is 15.6'' widescreen. Not sure why it is not working :(

hanako
Site Admin

#130 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 pm

sweetdreams wrote:I'm having trouble installing the game :( I already installed it once but my computer got a virus from something else and I had to reformat my comp so everything was gone including the game. When I went back to the email I got after buying the game, it says the password is blocked xD does that mean I can't install it anymore :(
The download links only work once but I can have the system send you a fresh one - is your email on the forums here the same as the one you used to buy with?

hanako
Site Admin

#131 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

jyrayos wrote:
Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Search for a text file called 'traceback.txt' or 'opengl.txt' (it should be in your Magical Diary directory) and post the contents.

The only thing i have in the folder for Magical Diary is the program and uninstalling it. Beside that, I cannot open it because it keeps closing. The laptop i am using dell studio 1555 and the screen is 15.6'' widescreen. Not sure why it is not working :(

The actual game directory, as opposed to the folder on the start menu, should contain:

Magical Diary (web shortcut)
MagicalDiary.exe
MagicalDiary.py
Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest
msvcr90.dll
python26.dll
README.html
unins000.dat
unins000.exe

Those files are automatically put there by the installer when you run it, if you have the game installed at all you have at least that much. If you're not seeing those files, either windows 7 is doing something VERY strange with hiding them, or you're looking in the wrong place.

I know we have some other Vista/7 users in this thread, can any of you offer suggestions? The opengl.txt file isn't created until after the program runs and, being Vista-branch, it might put it somewhere strange - any of you know where?

jyrayos

#132 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:03 pm

hanako wrote:
jyrayos wrote:

The actual game directory, as opposed to the folder on the start menu, should contain:

Magical Diary (web shortcut)
MagicalDiary.exe
MagicalDiary.py
Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest
msvcr90.dll
python26.dll
README.html
unins000.dat
unins000.exe

Those files are automatically put there by the installer when you run it, if you have the game installed at all you have at least that much. If you're not seeing those files, either windows 7 is doing something VERY strange with hiding them, or you're looking in the wrong place.

I know we have some other Vista/7 users in this thread, can any of you offer suggestions? The opengl.txt file isn't created until after the program runs and, being Vista-branch, it might put it somewhere strange - any of you know where?
I have search for these files on my computer but there is nothing at all beside the folder for the game. This is most frustrating for me not sure what to do. It is the first time any game does this to me.

Spiky Caterpillar

#133 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Redirected files should go to C:\Users\(Your_user_name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\(Application_name) by default.

jyrayos

#134 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Okay, I found them. Thank you so much! I am serious grateful. What do I do next?

loloser77

help!

#135 Post by loloser77 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:50 pm

i'm majorly stuck on the third dungeon :( :( :(