Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

#106 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 pm

The updates are free - if you buy at the preorder rate you'll get the whole Horse Hall game eventually.

If this game is successful there will be further games in the series and those will be sold separately. Each one will be based around a PC in a different hall and focus on a different group of main characters - Luke and his brother Logan will have their story, but not yet!

Riviera

#107 Post by Riviera » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm thinking "not yet" means "not in this game"... I'd try the good ole puppy eyes trick but I do not think it'd work. Ah, well.

Although... with how he's in the connection ceremony... I wonder if you can go after ole Prof. Grabby. That's both intriguing and disturbing. I'll probably try it.
Spazzbunny wrote:Kay! Just checking. Kyo's pretty cute too, but I like Luke better. I'm also perfectly willing to start a legally ambigious betting pool as to what sort of not-human type creature he is. >;D
I want to say some kind of water species because of his hair color..

I bet.. uhhh.. this box I got from my roommate's brother.

deb44

#108 Post by deb44 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Riviera wrote:I'm thinking "not yet" means "not in this game"... I'd try the good ole puppy eyes trick but I do not think it'd work. Ah, well.

Although... with how he's in the connection ceremony... I wonder if you can go after ole Prof. Grabby. That's both intriguing and disturbing. I'll probably try it.
Spazzbunny wrote:Kay! Just checking. Kyo's pretty cute too, but I like Luke better. I'm also perfectly willing to start a legally ambigious betting pool as to what sort of not-human type creature he is. >;D
I want to say some kind of water species because of his hair color..

I bet.. uhhh.. this box I got from my roommate's brother.
if you can go after Prof. Grabby, i would love that :D :oops:

Spazzbunny

#109 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Well, as long as there is a chance of him being around more later, I'm good. ^~^
xD That will do nicely! I'll put down my own mysterious box on the odds that he might be a merman-sort-of-thing. Evidence? Hair color and the extra heat protection that he needs.

Hmm, I guess being with Prof. Grabby could be cool. I dunno. I've never been one for those teacherxstudent or wayolderxyounger relationships. I never fangirled over Snape either, haha!

Riviera

#110 Post by Riviera » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Spazzbunny wrote:Well, as long as there is a chance of him being around more later, I'm good. ^~^
xD That will do nicely! I'll put down my own mysterious box on the odds that he might be a merman-sort-of-thing. Evidence? Hair color and the extra heat protection that he needs.

Hmm, I guess being with Prof. Grabby could be cool. I dunno. I've never been one for those teacherxstudent or wayolderxyounger relationships. I never fangirled over Snape either, haha!
*highfive* Neither of us fangirled over Snape, and both of us like these little side-guys.

I wanted to say merman... but... he could just be a generic can-breathe-in-water type guy that sprouts fins and gills when he gets wet. Oooo! Pity there is no option to throw a bucket of water at him in-game. If I had The Power of Art I would totally draw that happening. That and the D-hug.

OnTopic> I really liked the new event at the end. I could check my relationship levels in a way that wasn't immersion breaking, plus it was kinda touching and sweet. Was also kind of amused to see that one of my characters that I'd thought was getting along with everyone, actually had no one that would connect with her at the end. Shunned!

Spazzbunny

#111 Post by Spazzbunny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:55 am

-highfive back- Yeah! :D

True, I suppose. ^^ Though, I definitely have a love of all things mermaid-related from when I was a little kid, so I'm rooting for that.
Luke seems to avoid getting a lot of things: wet, dirty, cold, etc. xD And I loved the hug! >///< He's too cute! Though, our little fairy friend kinda creeped me out with that scene....

Could it be that mybe you just never committed to anyone's path? I know a lot of games where if you are friendly to everyone without being with one specific person more, you end up not setting yourself toward any endings.

deb44

#112 Post by deb44 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 am

i just wish there was a way to sell the candles and keep Daimen from getting mad at me. lol oh well

jyrayos

help

#113 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 am

I am using a pc computer with windows 7 and it is not letting open the game. Every time I click on the game to open, it starts the game but it closes the game automatically. I am not sure what to do.

hanako
Site Admin

#114 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:36 am

The game, or the installer? Once in a while if you're unlucky, the installer fails to download correctly, which could make it do nothing when launched, and in that case I'd need to get you a new download. if it's the actual game I'll have different questions to ask!

jyrayos

#115 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 am

I believe it is the installer I am not to sure. I follow the instructions, I downloaded the game through the link but it tries to open the game it just ends up closing the game.

hanako
Site Admin

#116 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 am

What's the name of the file you're clicking on that keeps closing?

Spiky Caterpillar

#117 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 am

I am using a pc computer with windows 7 and it is not letting open the game. Every time I click on the game to open, it starts the game but it closes the game automatically. I am not sure what to do.
If the game is bringing up a text window complaining that you have a 'subsurface rectangle outside surface area', check your display settings to make sure your screen is set to 'True Color (32 bit)' - the game will crash on some screens if run in 16-bit or 256 color mode.

jyrayos

#118 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 am

No, there is no text box mentioning anything wrong. Simply, the program just closes. The file I am using is Magical Diary -horse hall and this the following link that was given to me to download:

[Don't post download links! They'll only work once anyway, but they contain private user info.]

hanako
Site Admin

#119 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:05 am

Okay, so if it has the horse hall name then it's not the installer.

What sort of computer are you using? Laptop? Desktop? Netbook?

What is your screen resolution?

Do you see any text files in your game directory? possibly one called traceback or one called opengl?

jyrayos

#120 Post by jyrayos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 am

hanako wrote:Okay, so if it has the horse hall name then it's not the installer.

What sort of computer are you using? Laptop? Desktop? Netbook?

What is your screen resolution?

Do you see any text files in your game directory? possibly one called traceback or one called opengl?
I am using a laptop and 32 bit True color. It does not take to anything the game closes before it fully opens.