Magical Diary Alpha/Preorder

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

#91 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 pm

If you're getting a crash there it's almost certainly because you have a savegame from a particular patch before the Secret Santa event was written in - the event was added to a Wednesday but it was possible, if you were constantly getting the latest version, to have gone past that wednesday and saved after it, BEFORE I put the event in.

So it's crashing because it's checking to see who you were assigned, but you weren't assigned anyone because you skipped that event.

Back up to a game with a date before December 11th so that you get the Secret Santa event and it'll work.

nelly247

#92 Post by nelly247 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

oh thank you so much hanako, i was starting to think i had broken the game :oops: lol

Riviera

#93 Post by Riviera » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 pm

*sigh*

Transition weirdness strikes again.

Pics this time.

Left the cafe from the "date" with Damien, these showed up in the transition from there back to school.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Cylana/1.png

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Cylana/2.png

To the bedroom from the hallway:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Cylana/3.png

It did the same thing when I got to the duel with Donald and he cast his spell.

During the... "missing bra" event: <player>: Maybe it got loose in the laundry? (Shouldn't it be "maybe it got lost in the laundry?")

Oh! A suggestion! It'd be really, really nice if there was a way to hotkey spells during exams somehow... like have a little bar underneath the menu on the left, or on the bottom of the screen. It gets kind of annoying to have to open up the spellbook, find the spell and click it 10 times in a row or so for some of the solutions. :)

Spiky Caterpillar

#94 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Can you upload the contents of your opengl.txt file?

hanako
Site Admin

#95 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Riviera wrote: During the... "missing bra" event: <player>: Maybe it got loose in the laundry? (Shouldn't it be "maybe it got lost in the laundry?")
No, because that's a totally different sentence and not what she said. If it briefly confused your eye and made you think that the bra tore loose from her grasp and ran away yapping like a wild dog, good. :)

Most of the time, unusual wording in dialog is representing the imprecision of on-the-spot speech. like 'pick' vs 'pick it out' - that's not a mistake, that's just the way she's talking. If the wording is confusing enough that you can't understand what's meant, or there's a typo or spelling mistake, that's different and does need reporting.

(Alternately, if Virginia or the player says something in a way that no Northerner ever would, then okay, tell me, as I'm Southern myself.)

Riviera

#96 Post by Riviera » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Ahhh, okay. :)

I like that image! :lol:

hanako
Site Admin

#97 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Things are now somewhat playable up to Christmas break, although I may come back and add more to the chorale concert at some point. (Also the 'a' in inscriptions works now, I think.)

There is likely to be a development break here for a bit. As you may guess from the final Christmas event, things are going to change slightly in the 'new year', and there's the next dungeon to plan, AND I'm going away from the computer for about a week starting Wednesday.

I've completely overhauled the Cute and Weird points, so now in most places where you got 1 before you now get 5. If you want proper Cute/Weird totals you'll need to start over, sorry. This is for balancing reasons to get a good spread of points in characters now that half the year is complete.
Last edited by hanako on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiky Caterpillar

#98 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Muse wrote:The question is if you can switch to other running programs on a mac while this game is running: I tried the usual command+tab (and alt+command+tab too) but wasn't able to, so to take the screenshot I had to set my program on a delayed timer. A lot of games override that command anyway, but I was just curious if there was a way to switch out of it without closing the game down entirely, to check other programs.
(Uploaded a picture for reference, should be called MacFullScreenCutOffBox.jpg.)
I plan to fix command-tab, but haven't gotten to it yet. In the meantime, does option-tab or alt-tab work?

You can also take screenshots by pressing 'S' ingame - they will be dropped as .pngs in the game directory.

deb44

#99 Post by deb44 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am

i found a couple of problems. I have the lastest patch and i did not get detention after failing the 3rd test even though i was supposed to get it and Donald doesn't show up in the game window when he asks me to go outside. i did try unistalling it and reinstalling it but that did not help

Riviera

#100 Post by Riviera » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:07 am

No problem, I don't need an excuse to reroll a new character. :D

Go ahead and take a break, my god you guys have been working like crazy things on this game.. it's frankly been amazing how much has been added to it just since I started playing!

Both my characters so far have names starting with an A, so they'll be very happy that they can now graffiti to their heart's content. Well, one will, the other one is too goody-goody to do that.

*Walls begin to be covered with "Alicia wuz heer"*

Gad, I never knew about the screenshot shortcut. I've been printscreen-paste in paint-crop'ing all of those. *headdesk*

hanako
Site Admin

#101 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 am

deb44 wrote:i found a couple of problems. I have the lastest patch and i did not get detention after failing the 3rd test even though i was supposed to get it and Donald doesn't show up in the game window when he asks me to go outside. i did try unistalling it and reinstalling it but that did not help
You shouldn't get detention for failing (by surrender) the third test, it was a mistake that it was happening before. Just failing a test isn't enough for detention, you need to have _really_ done something stupid.

I'll have to check on the donald problem, though.

Spazzbunny

#102 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:07 am

So, quick question folks: Am I the only one who wishes there was more of Luke? He's just so cute!

Riviera

#103 Post by Riviera » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:56 am

Spazzbunny wrote:So, quick question folks: Am I the only one who wishes there was more of Luke? He's just so cute!
I don't think so! I was hoping to see more of Kyo, too!

I hit the gym for ages hoping I'd find out what happened after that one event with him.. but no luck. :(

Spazzbunny

#104 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 am

Kay! Just checking. Kyo's pretty cute too, but I like Luke better. I'm also perfectly willing to start a legally ambigious betting pool as to what sort of not-human type creature he is. >;D

miko1047

#105 Post by miko1047 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 am

i'm curious, do we just have to pay once (when we preorder it) or do we have to pay for each update?