Hodag Glitch?

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
ark99k

Hodag Glitch?

#1 Postby ark99k » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 am

I was playing MD again when I reached the dungeon that your supposed to meet the hodag in. He wasn't there. ??? Did my game glitch out or something?
★Shining like a star!★

somestrangecircus

Re: Hodag Glitch?

#2 Postby somestrangecircus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 am

Are you referring to the dungeon for Exam 4? If I recall, it is possible to go through the dungeon without encountering the Hodag.

LinCereal

#3 Postby LinCereal » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

somestrangecircus wrote:Are you referring to the dungeon for Exam 4? If I recall, it is possible to go through the dungeon without encountering the Hodag.

Are you sure? :o The dungeon is laid out such that it would be incredibly unusual for that to happen. He'd have to crawl away into one of the corners...! I'm pretty sure the Hodag waits in the middle until you encounter him.

I'm assuming you're just walking through each square and not teleporting ahead or using Awareness, in the above case.

ark99k

#4 Postby ark99k » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:50 pm

LinCereal wrote:
somestrangecircus wrote:Are you referring to the dungeon for Exam 4? If I recall, it is possible to go through the dungeon without encountering the Hodag.

Are you sure? :o The dungeon is laid out such that it would be incredibly unusual for that to happen. He'd have to crawl away into one of the corners...! I'm pretty sure the Hodag waits in the middle until you encounter him.

I'm assuming you're just walking through each square and not teleporting ahead or using Awareness, in the above case.

I was speed running this game, so I did the closest thing this game has to running (mashing the buttons as quickly as possible) when I ended up at the door. No Hodag encounter. I didn't use any magic in that dungeon.
★Shining like a star!★

FantasyFan

#5 Postby FantasyFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:58 pm

That explains it. It's possible to run past the Hodag if you're clicking really fast.

ark99k

#6 Postby ark99k » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:31 pm

FantasyFan wrote:That explains it. It's possible to run past the Hodag if you're clicking really fast.

Oh, thanks!
★Shining like a star!★

Return to “Magical Diary”