Play as just one Mary Sue?

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
Caveat Lector

Play as just one Mary Sue?

#1 Postby Caveat Lector » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:00 pm

(First of all, hi! I'm Caveat Lector from the LSF forums and I've been a fan of Hanako Games for a while, so here I am!)

When you're playing Magical Diary, do you prefer to explore all the routes as the exact same Mary Sue? Or do you create different Mary Sue's per route?

I prefer to do the latter. My first Sue, Jessica, was just made for Damien. When I tried to pair her up with Donald the next time round, it just didn't feel right. I like to headcanon each Sue and give them all different backstories and quirks.

Miakoda

Re: Play as just one Mary Sue?

#2 Postby Miakoda » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm

A lot would depend on the game. If I'm playing something that can take 40+ hours, like Dragon Age Inquisition, I admit, I save at a certain point and use the same character. With Magical Diary, I tend to make 'new' characters for that go around, figuring their interests would be different, etc.

M_Keith

#3 Postby M_Keith » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:53 pm

The way I played is, I just created one Mary Sue to play through all the routes, and I feel awkward when I try to make another ( unless it is just to joke around, and even then I don't save ).
That is just the way I go about games, I spend so much time creating a character that I don't want any other, it just gets inflused so much into the game itself that I cannot separate it anymore.

Oki

#4 Postby Oki » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:33 pm

I have to have alternate Sues just to experience it right for me. Elaine / Ine has this whole thing with Damien and I feel like she's just that gullible everytime LOL. Then I have Neela for Grabiner. . .and the others vary I can't quite headcanon the girl for the other routes. For some reason I have one that fits Donald, his sister, AND ellen without problem..weird...

Fairyjade

#5 Postby Fairyjade » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 am

I try to explore as many routes as possible. The game has a lot of detail so going back and exploring routes that I didn't take makes me see a lot the situations and characters in a new light.

ark99k

#6 Postby ark99k » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:55 pm

In my opinion, you can't have the same Mary Sue for every playthrough. For Damien, you have to be extremely trusting and cute, but Ellen wants intelligence and someone who questions the abnormal. You have to change your character to get through the route. So out of curiosity, which Mary Sue is your favorite? The kind and playful girl from Donald's path, or the well-meaning and curious girl from Grabby's? (I realize that not everyone is the same on these routes, but you do have to do certain things and have certain characteristics to end up on each path)
★Shining like a star!★

Return to “Magical Diary”