Wait… you can play as different houses?

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
blethesda

Wait… you can play as different houses?

#1 Postby blethesda » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 pm

So, after playing through the game a few times and enjoying the well written branchings and radically different endings, I finally looked at the Yearbook and was surprised to see that some people played the game as Snakes instead of Horses. Is that something I have to unlock or am I missing something when you design your character? (If it matters, I'm running the game under GNU/Linux.)

—B

Miakoda

Re: Wait… you can play as different houses?

#2 Postby Miakoda » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 pm

blethesda wrote:So, after playing through the game a few times and enjoying the well written branchings and radically different endings, I finally looked at the Yearbook and was surprised to see that some people played the game as Snakes instead of Horses. Is that something I have to unlock or am I missing something when you design your character? (If it matters, I'm running the game under GNU/Linux.)

—B

It's been a while since I played this, but I believe this reflects the fact that, depending on your choices, you may be moved out of Horse Hall into Snake Hall at the end of the year. No player should have played as a Snake at all.
Last edited by Miakoda on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blethesda

#3 Postby blethesda » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh, cool. So many different story lines to discover! Hanako is a great story teller.

—B

Miakoda

#4 Postby Miakoda » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 pm

blethesda wrote:Oh, cool. So many different story lines to discover! Hanako is a great story teller.

—B

She certainly loves plots within plots, and conspiracies happening in the background :)

ark99k

#5 Postby ark99k » Sat May 03, 2014 10:11 pm

To become a snake at the end you have to be on Damien's path.
★Shining like a star!★

Algus

#6 Postby Algus » Sun May 18, 2014 10:36 pm

I got this ending on my first play though just now and I was pretty happy with it.

Except for the part where I realized the game was over D: I wanted to see what would happen after moving to a new house and getting new less lame roommates.

Return to “Magical Diary”