Steam Cheats

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
dermoi

Steam Cheats

#1 Postby dermoi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 am

I played the demo of Magical Dairy a good while ago before I could afford to buy it, and when I spotted it on the steam store I thought "why not? I remember enjoying what was in the demo" and I did enjoy it, very much so. But I have a silly habit of playing the game through once as I like and then cheating through my teeth on the next play through to see what I might have missed.

I can't seem to get the cheats I've found around the internet to work on the steam version, though I did find a post on the steam forums that the cheat console is now available for steam users. Is that the Python Console available in the options? None of the codes I found seem to work with it :S

This is probably a topic that has been covered to death, but I would like to carry on doing my silly habit.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Steam Cheats

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 am

Yes, that's the console. But if you've been finding cheats in random places it's possible that you're getting bad codes, or failing to get the instructions on how to input them correctly. :)

What exactly are you trying to put in?

dermoi

#3 Postby dermoi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:19 am

Wow, I didn't expect a response so soon!

I looked around and found a link on these forums (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1963), along with a game guide.
http://spikycaterpillar.com/magical_diary/guide.html

Basically things like;
strong = x
smart = x
etc, etc.

I'm not sure if that is only for non-steam versions though..

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Are you remembering to hit enter twice as the instructions say? This is the most common reason for people having trouble with cheats. You have to hit enter on a blank line, sending that blank line to the processor, for it to know you're done entering code and to actually implement what you told it to do.

themightydoof

#5 Postby themightydoof » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:33 pm

It should probably be added that if you've only played through once you've missed enough to justify multiple further playthroughs even without cheats. :)

Return to “Magical Diary”