Python Console Codes

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Rhidian

Python Console Codes

#1 Post by Rhidian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 am

Long ago in another game by Hanako (LLTQ), I figured out what all of the console codes and shared the most useful ones with others (before any were publicly released on the forums by Hanako :P ).

With my discovery of the Python console now existing on the Steam version, I have once again made myself a list of all of the console commands in the game 8) (although only a fraction of those are useable/useful).

Glancing through the first page of this forum, I see no mention of any publicly released console codes, and so I am wondering whether or not they have already been posted somewhere, and whether the policy is different than what exists for LLTQ.

I'm willing to post some codes if it's allowed :)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:48 am

The standard cheats are mentioned on the page with the 'strategy guide' - http://spikycaterpillar.com/magical_diary/guide.html

If you look at a handful of yearbook entries you'll see that there are already plenty of people who go in and set all their magics to 100 so they just don't have to deal with the stat-raising... and people who set their money to a zillion so they can buy everything in the store and look ridiculous.

I don't think there's really any demand for cheats beyond that, other than possibly some appearance hacks (and since there's no dress option for the male bodies, it wouldn't work very well to hack the PC to use a male sprite).

Anyway, if there's something particularly interesting you wanted to share, feel free to run it by me in PM?

Garnasha

#3 Post by Garnasha » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 am

About the demand for 'cheats': I didn't really come here looking for cheats, but for fixes and tricks. Top of the list is a way to hard reset all graphics options to factory settings (there's a bug I'm dealing with which I think this option would fix, more in bug report if I can't find it in the troubleshooting thread).

Other than that, as many names of variables(for getting/setting) or getters/setters(for more complex data) and functions listening on buttons (to "press" those from the console) as possible please :)

Basically, if the console is as powerful as I hope and I'd get all the info I wanted, I could in theory play the game through the console, with all the graphics still happening above it.