Maxing out merits

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
phoenixgirl

Maxing out merits

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue May 14, 2013 1:27 pm

So I finally bought the game and it has me addicted so far. I finished 3 romanceable paths in just a couple of days. lol

I do have a question. I'm wondering if there's a list somewhere on all the merits that you can earn. I noticed that I don't get volunteer work to earn merits if I'm not on Donald's path and so I'm trying to get the max number of merits, which I think is 50. I've gotten close-45-when I finished Grabiner's path just now so I'm wondering if there's any other way to earn merits that I've somehow missed so a list would be helpful. ^^
Please help and support me here.

Mystic Cake

#2 Post by Mystic Cake » Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm

You CAN get the volunteer work even if you're not on Donald's path, he just has to like you enough or if you've gotten detention with him before then he should offer volunteer work to you.

Doing well on the tests also nets you a lot of merits- not just completing them, but going the extra mile will net you extra merits, such as completing them without resorting to violence.

There's also running for a class office, if you 'entertain' the students, you'll be rewarded with merits. There's 2 ways of doing it, but I don't want to spoil it for you :P

If that doesn't help, then there's plenty of walkthroughs out there that outline not only all of the paths, but also all of the cute/weird points and all of the merits. I would just google 'Magical Diary Walkthrough' and you're bound to find one XD