A few questions about buying the game

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
The Fool

A few questions about buying the game

#1 Post by The Fool » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

I am new to the forums, so hello everyone. :)

If this has been asked already, I am sorry - I just could not find answers to my rather rudimentary questions.

I am quite sure I want to buy this game, and so I would like to know more about the method of purchase which is really, really unfamiliar to me.

1. If I pay online, is it really really safe?

2. Do I need a credit card, or just a regular paying card?

3. Can I use a Maestro card?

4. What exactly am I purchasing if I pay online? A physical copy of the game, a license key I should use to update the demo, a green sparkly dragon ;))? In case it's the license key, where would it be sent, to my email adress?

Thanks in advance for the answers :).

thezooqueen

#2 Post by thezooqueen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 pm

1. If I pay online, is it really really safe?
If you buy it through the owners site it is safe. They use an online distributor. Here is where you can order it through their site http://www.hanakogames.com/magical_diary.shtml

2. Do I need a credit card, or just a regular paying card?
You can use credit, debit, paypal and I believe cash

If you mean master card yes

4. What exactly am I purchasing if I pay online? A physical copy of the game, a license key I should use to update the demo, a green sparkly dragon ;))? In case it's the license key, where would it be sent, to my email adress?
If the owner made a physical copy that can be sold then you will have an option to buy it on CD for about $12 more I believe. Otherwise you are buying a download and password of the copy to install. It will come to you in your e-mail

I hope you have fun :)

The Fool

#3 Post by The Fool » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you very much :)
If you mean master card yes
Not exactly. The card is called Maestro, but I read it's owned by Master Card... so I do not know if this is any different. Well, I will check soon. Thanks again for your help. :)

thezooqueen

#4 Post by thezooqueen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 pm

You are quite welcome. We all love the game!!! I hope you do also. It becomes an addiction hehehe

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 pm

There are physical copies available; they don't cost that much more but they do require shipping and that means they take longer to get to you. I sell them specially and NOT through BMT Micro which means I can take fewer payment options.

The page with information about the CDs is here:
http://www.hanakogames.com/cds.shtml

BMT Micro offers their own CD versions but that just means they burn the installer to a blank CD (and add some ads to it) and charge you a good bit more. It's not a good option unless your internet connection is so terrible that you can't download anything.

If you have trouble with the BMT Micro order form it's also possible to buy Magical Diary through Steam.