Favorite character?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.

Favorite character

Damien
17%
Donald
18%
Prof. Potsdam
6%
Prof. Grabbinier
21%
William
2%
Ellen
20%
Virgina
6%
Mary Sue
1%
Big Steve
8%
Other... (post name in comments)
3%

Total votes: 160

biscuit

#16 Post by biscuit » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 am

Ellen!

Sweet, introspective, insightful-- and her romance arc was definitely one of the most touching, in my opinion. And after playing hers, a little part of me realized that without Sue, she has NO ONE who is aware of her family situation or who can empathize with her...

...makes it very hard for me to try other paths now. :(

(For the record, I have played with romance for Grabiner, Donald, and Damien. I tried unsuccessfully to romance Virginia, but apparently wasn't weird enough for her!)

I still want to try Virginia and Big Steve's paths, but I have yet to do so.

Potsdam is definitely enigmatic, and I would like to know more about her... but 'intrigued by' isn't the same as 'favorite character', now is it?

ark99k

#17 Post by ark99k » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 am

Honesty, after seeing this poll again I feel so sorry for Mary Sue! People, Y U NO LIKE MARY SUE?
★Shining like a star!★

ark99k

#18 Post by ark99k » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 am

[quote="biscuit"]Ellen!

Sweet, introspective, insightful-- and her romance arc was definitely one of the most touching, in my opinion. And after playing hers, a little part of me realized that without Sue, she has NO ONE who is aware of her family situation or who can empathize with her...

...makes it very hard for me to try other paths now. :(

quote]
I do that all the time on games like these becuase I love one of the characters so much, playing on someone else's path feels like cheating!
★Shining like a star!★

Korppikiusaus

#19 Post by Korppikiusaus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm

My fav character is Virginia (you may guess who I romanced :wink: )

She loves food (like I do!), is weird (like...me?) and when she blushes...I think I got diabetes. It was THAT cute :D

...prof. Grabiner comes as a good 2nd. I mean, who wouldn't like him? :wink:

FantasyFan

#20 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 pm

YAY, another Virginia fan! Finally!

Korppikiusaus

#21 Post by Korppikiusaus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Haha, it seems poor Virginia isn't as popular as the rest...poor Virginia, she needs more love!

...and I just noticed I was the 2nd one to give Virginia a vote, heh, even Donald got more votes (albeit only one more...but still!) :o

( I mean, I would've thought more people would find a cute girl with good humor and a huge appetite the best character...but oh well :D )

FantasyFan

#22 Post by FantasyFan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm

The other Virginia vote was mine - and that was ages ago. (sigh) She needs more love.

ark99k

#23 Post by ark99k » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 am

Korppikiusaus wrote: ( I mean, I would've thought more people would find a cute girl with good humor and a huge appetite the best character...but oh well :D )
At first I thought that was because they may not be into girlxgirl (I know I am not) but then, I saw Ellen's votes. It may be because Virgina is a little pushy, rude and almost always gets her way (can you tell I am on donald's side on this matter?)
★Shining like a star!★

Korppikiusaus

#24 Post by Korppikiusaus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm

ark99k wrote:
Korppikiusaus wrote: ( I mean, I would've thought more people would find a cute girl with good humor and a huge appetite the best character...but oh well :D )
At first I thought that was because they may not be into girlxgirl (I know I am not) but then, I saw Ellen's votes. It may be because Virgina is a little pushy, rude and almost always gets her way (can you tell I am on donald's side on this matter?)
Haha, yeah, I -somehow- was able to guess that :wink:

...kinda funny that you mentioned Donald...maybe because I have brothers (albeit only younger ones) that I so easily can see Virginia's point-of-view :D

I'd wanna defend poor Virginia's honor, but knowing that I am completely biased (and only finding her pushyness as making her point clearly) I should probably just be silent...each to their own, I guess :)

FantasyFan wrote:The other Virginia vote was mine - and that was ages ago. (sigh) She needs more love.
I could guess it was yours, but as we are discussing Virginia's personality, maybe you'd want to tell what you yourself find her so charming (if for no other reasons, try to help a fellow Virginia-who's-not-from-Virginia out? :D

As a post scriptum, sorry if any quotations are off...I seem to never be able to quote right on forums ^_^"

FantasyFan

#25 Post by FantasyFan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Well for one thing, she loves food (and I love food too). For another, I like how she's not into the lovey-dovey kind of romance, how she puts just being together over acting "in love." She also shows that sexless love can still be love (that scene at the end where she admits that she's uncomfortable with sex). She's outgoing and funny and just an all around appealing character.

Ariel Schnee

Re: Favorite character?

#26 Post by Ariel Schnee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 am

ark99k wrote:Who is your favorite person in this game? Out of all the characters in this game, not just romancable ones.
Ellen.
Signature - Homepage - My Fics

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

ark99k

Re: Favorite character?

#27 Post by ark99k » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Neko Hibiki wrote:
ark99k wrote:Who is your favorite person in this game? Out of all the characters in this game, not just romancable ones.
Ellen.
I like your answer! Short and right to the point!
So, still no Mary Sue fans? Y U NO like a da Mary Sue?! Why does know one like the character they play? Poor Mary! :(
★Shining like a star!★

FantasyFan

#28 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Probably no one votes for her because she's essentially a blank slate.

biscuit

#29 Post by biscuit » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Adding on 'why no Mary Sue'

Because she is such a blank slate and changes based on YOUR decisions, voting for Mary Sue 1) feels a bit egotistical and 2) ...Mary Sue changes on each playthrough. (And sometimes isn't even NAMED Mary Sue!)

I mean, is my intellectual, nerdy, 'cute' Mary Sue who grows close to Ellen and romances her really the same as the sporty, loud-mouth weirdo who runs for class treasurer and runs around detention with Donald?

ark99k

#30 Post by ark99k » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, in some ways yes because in every playthrough she does not sing in public, signed up for sportsclub, does not like to get in trouble, and is not a bad person (except for that ONE Damien route). I may have missed some things, like her not acting in the play, but I think you get my point. She has some quailities that never change.
★Shining like a star!★