Manus scene...

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
cae

Manus scene...

#1 Postby cae » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 am

So I was curious about the scene you see when you're the treasurer, and you walk in on the manus...

Assuming that because HorsePC walks in and ends up having to marry Grabby because of the complications, is it safe to assume that if you choose to go find Potsdam -- she marries Grabby instead?!

:shock:

Just curious!

FantasyFan

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:09 am

Curious in what way? If you make certain decisions the reason why Grabner was working with the Manus is explained.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 am

Only your PC is impetuous enough to leap into the wards. Other characters handle the situation with less drama. :)

cae

#4 Postby cae » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:53 am

Fan, my curiosity is in white text for spoilers.

Hanako, I see, that would make sense... Haha, when I encountered the scene I was pursuing Donald so I was really curious as to what happened when I wasn't in the room. ;p

FantasyFan

#5 Postby FantasyFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Ah, I didn't see the white text. Sorry.

Flyinmagma

#6 Postby Flyinmagma » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 am

FantasyFan wrote:Curious in what way? If you make certain decisions the reason why Grabner was working with the Manus is explained.

I never found out, what was the reason? And what kind of choices do you have to make to find out in the game? I ended up with being able to see him during the last day, so I thought I should have been able to find out.

FantasyFan

#7 Postby FantasyFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

The reason isn't very specific, but he was conducting an experiment with the Manus. I think it's best explained if you marry him.

cae

#8 Postby cae » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 pm

If you don't jump in and save him, it never really is explained. Potsdam just tells you that he was careless, and it ends there. If you jump in and save him and in turn marry him then you understand what the manus is, what he was doing, and why it turned out the way it did.

Flyinmagma

#9 Postby Flyinmagma » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

How strange, I only remember that he was using the Manus as an experiment and it was under his family's service, so it couldn't harm him. I'll be doing another Grabiner run anyway, so I'll try to see if I find out this time. By the way, does Grabiner have any special reaction if you're married to him and Damien tries his ritual? Because in my run I avoided him and he didn't come that one last time.

Serenity_Hotaru

#10 Postby Serenity_Hotaru » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:39 am

Flyinmagma wrote:How strange, I only remember that he was using the Manus as an experiment and it was under his family's service, so it couldn't harm him. I'll be doing another Grabiner run anyway, so I'll try to see if I find out this time. By the way, does Grabiner have any special reaction if you're married to him and Damien tries his ritual? Because in my run I avoided him and he didn't come that one last time.

When you do Grabby's path, all other romances are automatically cancelled.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Annoying the community with useless information and questions since Day 1 of my membership.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Postby hanako » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:09 am

Not quite all other romances.

However, all major paths have plans that take place on the same day, so if you marry Grabiner you end up breaking your other plans. That means you get a scene shortly afterwards where you talk to the person you stood up.

As I recall, Virginia is ticked off that you ditched her, especially since you can't quite explain why. Ellen blames herself for being too boring to bother keeping a date with.

Donald, on the other hand, gets the idea that you missed your date with him because you had detention, so he's not mad. You can stay on his friendship path past that point and have hints of a future romance.

As for Damien, his reaction is.... interesting. What happens between you at that point means that he will not attempt to do his ritual on you later.

Oki

#12 Postby Oki » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Interesting Damien scene?

DAMMIT HANAKO

TwoWorlds

Re: Manus scene...

#13 Postby TwoWorlds » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 am

Can confirm, Damien scene was interesting.

M_Keith

Re: Manus scene...

#14 Postby M_Keith » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:29 am

That scene is probably one of my favourite scenes in the hole game! XD

Return to “Magical Diary”