Not sure if this has been said.

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
LionessGrl

Not sure if this has been said.

#1 Post by LionessGrl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 am

Was this based off of Harry Potter by chance? I saw a lot of similarities in characters and such. ;)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 am

It's more inspired by HP fanfiction than by the original books. The core theme elements of the original books don't exist here, I'm not interested in chosen ones or wars or big evil wizards to defeat. It's the weird and wonderful things that the fans come up with that aren't in the books that have my attention. Certain ideas that come up again and again clearly hold a lot of power for the fanbase.

... of course even Potsdam might draw the line at the fangirl fascination for getting boys pregnant.

LionessGrl

#3 Post by LionessGrl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:11 am

hanako wrote:It's more inspired by HP fanfiction than by the original books. The core theme elements of the original books don't exist here, I'm not interested in chosen ones or wars or big evil wizards to defeat. It's the weird and wonderful things that the fans come up with that aren't in the books that have my attention. Certain ideas that come up again and again clearly hold a lot of power for the fanbase.

... of course even Potsdam might draw the line at the fangirl fascination for getting boys pregnant.
Haha I love Potsdam, she is my favorite. I can't help but laugh every time her eyes get really big. But I can tell how it is based on the fanfiction and not so much on the movie itself which is great or it would not have turned out as good as it did.