will there be a second year any time soon?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
moonlightsli

#1 Post by moonlightsli » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 am

or like any additional content? :?:

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:24 am

There were never official plans for any later years - the story was meant to end where it did, at the May Day ball. The next game planned in the series was to feature a freshman boy in Wolf Hall, with a different set of relationships to explore.

However, that game hasn't started production yet, and since the first game took a year to write, even if it started now it wouldn't be out until sometime next year.

It's not impossible that we will someday write a game covering later years at school, but it certainly wouldn't be any time soon.

Soulbringer

#3 Post by Soulbringer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 am

hanako wrote:There were never official plans for any later years - the story was meant to end where it did, at the May Day ball. The next game planned in the series was to feature a freshman boy in Wolf Hall, with a different set of relationships to explore.

However, that game hasn't started production yet, and since the first game took a year to write, even if it started now it wouldn't be out until sometime next year.

It's not impossible that we will someday write a game covering later years at school, but it certainly wouldn't be any time soon.
There WERE never, and the story WAS meant to end... I guess it help with the number of people asking about a second year ^^

To be honest im rather interested because companies usually do NOT follow up their initial game with a sequal, that continues your story, they however often expand that first year (a model proven to work). Hence why i am hoping for something more ^^
Life is a tale of memories...

Charlotte585

#4 Post by Charlotte585 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

I realize it's not really something you're serious about right now but a sequel would amazing. I think that is what everyone hoped for after finishing the first :) And it's a really fun game, you did a good job on it.

ciera800

#5 Post by ciera800 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:39 am

I really encourage you to make a sequel to he current magical diaries game as well! I'm not saying the game is bad......bt rather, it's open ended so far i have gotten both the good damien and hernonymous (sp?) endings.

Now as far as dmin goe you'renever certan how things turn out for him and the PC for all we know damien was killed by the cultsts a week later for betraying them!

With the professor while you can safely assume he is not going to be murdered you do wonder how things are going to turn our for him and PC. Even if w're only talking about maybe an add on epilouge that resolves the unanswered romantic questions (yes i am that much of an idiot that i made this monolouge about the romance rather than the plot >.>)

so please do something? XD

Muse

#6 Post by Muse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:36 am

Honestly, and I might be a minor voice here, but I really like the idea of playing a different character each game, at least at first. I just feel like after the first year, not a lot more incredible things will happen with Miss Mary Sue, especially if she got (spoiler)married.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 am

As for open-endedness, I personally consider that a feature. Without it, we wouldn't get the fun fanfic of people's possible futures.

In any story past freshman year, Damien and other senior love interests couldn't be present, as they're no longer students! And in Damien's case he is barred from even visiting the campus.

ciera800

#8 Post by ciera800 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:43 am

i suppose you're right about the oen endedness possibly being a good thing, i guess i just like the drama that's associated with him and his path and as far as why he couldn't be there

that sure as heck didn't stop him in the end when he snuck on campus to see PC XD