Sequel

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Better to start off messing around in Fan Works - if it actually drums up enough posters I can make a subforum, but empty subforums look lonely!

Soulbringer

#17 Post by Soulbringer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 am

The players invovled just needs to agree to a frame that all can adhere to, and yes adding a subforum from the get go might be a bit overkill (as hanako mentioned, empty and or lonely forums usually recieve even fever post) - and yes, would help SOME players get rid of the sequel ich

As for posting in the fan works, seems the most appropriate (again hanakos suggestion)

As for the "real" sequel, looking forward to it, when and if it gets released :P
Life is a tale of memories...

LadyDena

#18 Post by LadyDena » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

I am looking forward in exploring the halls and seeing how chars react with diffrent pc's

ArtemisDoe

Sequel Please!

#19 Post by ArtemisDoe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm

I would love to see a sequel where we could carry forward the story lines from the first game. I have read the boards indicating there is/was plans for a sequel where the character would be a boy from Wolf Hall but I am so in love with my Sue and her story lines I want to explore further.

I have played all the paths but the Damien path is my favourite. I would certainly love to explore that path further in second year. Certainly the other story lines would be interesting to pursue further too!

Jennifer0

#20 Post by Jennifer0 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 am

Ive wanted this so badly for so long I've DREAMT about it...MAKE IT HAPPEN SOON PLEASE :evil:

tn5421

#21 Post by tn5421 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am

Soulbringer wrote:To be honest, it is a good thing that Hanako is also making the first year from a different perspective, however as most other have already written, it would be even better if a continuation of Magical Diary was made, where your choices from the 1st year had effect, whether it was the romance choices, magic, or whatnot (as kasztan_filut pointed out, that would include snake hall for some...). As such continuation of involvement with different parties in the game would have a huge effect on the type of game (usually games stop after the romance start and ends when people become a couple, very few games actually dip into the couple thingy - not to mention if you had taken a specific path youd have a divorce or continue as a wife...) - All in all it would be rather interesting to see this development put into the game

In concerns to more magic, considering how the game works... There would need to implemented a LOT of checks (a lot like "Long Live the Queen", however less visable), as such any scene would have... sorry to say it, almost way too many ways of being handled, considering how magic works in "Magical Diary", that could effect the story, if the character were to be able to use magic outside of dungeons.
The problem is mainly that the system for magic is well to put it mildly very broad (this is a good thing), having X in lets say Blue Magic, does not mean you can only do one thing, it opens up for a broad range of uses, if you add that to an intelligent, witty or what not character and you combine knowledge of different kinds of magic to produce new effects, as such there is a LOT of possibilities that would have to be included for this to be succesful, if you also take into the account that its the 2nd year... Even more magic becomes available...
In the end, it COULD be handled as you "passed" this event in a certain way, good for you its handled like this, however some of the flair would get lost if you got the same reaction whether you used Blue Magic to create a glamer change your outward appearence, or used White Magic in other to sense the emotions of people and act accordingly...

Just a rant of a few of my thoughts on the subject >.<
I'm more than willing to pay a bit extra to see this done, however, and I'm sure I'm not the only person that feels this way.