Sequel

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Meduna

Sequel

#1 Post by Meduna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:38 am

Soo... any chance we can expect a sequel where we can carry over our choices and continue our story from our 1st year? Because I would pay all the monies to play this game through to its conclusion :D

Nova

#2 Post by Nova » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 am

Definitely want a sequel and if I could offer some advice, since we'd be in our second year PLEASE make magic something we can use outside dungeons more.

Fenris

#3 Post by Fenris » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Nova wrote:PLEASE make magic something we can use outside dungeons more.
This is what I also want in a sequel, It would be great to use some spells during normal interactions with the other students.

FantasyFan

#4 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:36 pm

There will be a sequel, but it won't be your second year - you'll be playing a Wolf Hall character in his first year.

Meduna

#5 Post by Meduna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 pm

So we'll never get to continue our horse hall character's storyline? Aww...

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Never say never, but not anytime soon.

Meduna

#7 Post by Meduna » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Sadness... but I will hold onto hope for the future! In the meantime, Wolf Hall sounds fun...

Funtaine

#8 Post by Funtaine » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Meduna, you can always write fanfics / roleplay / stories about your character! In the end, it's your player character :)

Meduna

#9 Post by Meduna » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:20 am

I already started doing that ^_~ hahaha...

Leondre

#10 Post by Leondre » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 am

Looking forward to wolf hall, but I'd certainly rather see a continuation to this.

kasztan_filut

#11 Post by kasztan_filut » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 pm

If and when there is a continuation to Horse Hall, would it also include Snake Hall if your character had switched at the end of the year?

Soulbringer

#12 Post by Soulbringer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 am

To be honest, it is a good thing that Hanako is also making the first year from a different perspective, however as most other have already written, it would be even better if a continuation of Magical Diary was made, where your choices from the 1st year had effect, whether it was the romance choices, magic, or whatnot (as kasztan_filut pointed out, that would include snake hall for some...). As such continuation of involvement with different parties in the game would have a huge effect on the type of game (usually games stop after the romance start and ends when people become a couple, very few games actually dip into the couple thingy - not to mention if you had taken a specific path youd have a divorce or continue as a wife...) - All in all it would be rather interesting to see this development put into the game

In concerns to more magic, considering how the game works... There would need to implemented a LOT of checks (a lot like "Long Live the Queen", however less visable), as such any scene would have... sorry to say it, almost way too many ways of being handled, considering how magic works in "Magical Diary", that could effect the story, if the character were to be able to use magic outside of dungeons.
The problem is mainly that the system for magic is well to put it mildly very broad (this is a good thing), having X in lets say Blue Magic, does not mean you can only do one thing, it opens up for a broad range of uses, if you add that to an intelligent, witty or what not character and you combine knowledge of different kinds of magic to produce new effects, as such there is a LOT of possibilities that would have to be included for this to be succesful, if you also take into the account that its the 2nd year... Even more magic becomes available...
In the end, it COULD be handled as you "passed" this event in a certain way, good for you its handled like this, however some of the flair would get lost if you got the same reaction whether you used Blue Magic to create a glamer change your outward appearence, or used White Magic in other to sense the emotions of people and act accordingly...

Just a rant of a few of my thoughts on the subject >.<

kasztan_filut

#13 Post by kasztan_filut » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:36 pm

In concerns to more magic, considering how the game works... There would need to implemented a LOT of checks (a lot like "Long Live the Queen", however less visable), as such any scene would have... sorry to say it, almost way too many ways of being handled, considering how magic works in "Magical Diary", that could effect the story, if the character were to be able to use magic outside of dungeons.
The problem is mainly that the system for magic is well to put it mildly very broad (this is a good thing), having X in lets say Blue Magic, does not mean you can only do one thing, it opens up for a broad range of uses, if you add that to an intelligent, witty or what not character and you combine knowledge of different kinds of magic to produce new effects, as such there is a LOT of possibilities that would have to be included for this to be succesful, if you also take into the account that its the 2nd year... Even more magic becomes available...
In the end, it COULD be handled as you "passed" this event in a certain way, good for you its handled like this, however some of the flair would get lost if you got the same reaction whether you used Blue Magic to create a glamer change your outward appearence, or used White Magic in other to sense the emotions of people and act accordingly...
Now that you mention it, the extended use of magic would seem to need its own team of coders for the checks alone. Its unrealistic to expect this kind of sequel though.. no matter how much we wish it would exist. Although, I would be willing to pay extra for this kind of work.

More realistically, what you (Soulbringer) said makes me want to RP the world of Magical Diary, in a kind of forum roleplay thing; with everyone as their own 'character' interacting with the set NPC characters living in the school/ taking classes, etc.. (probably not romancable npcs in this case)
Off topic but this makes me miss Renaissance Kingdoms (rp/browser game)

Soulbringer

#14 Post by Soulbringer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:03 pm

kasztan_filut wrote:
Now that you mention it, the extended use of magic would seem to need its own team of coders for the checks alone. Its unrealistic to expect this kind of sequel though.. no matter how much we wish it would exist. Although, I would be willing to pay extra for this kind of work.

More realistically, what you (Soulbringer) said makes me want to RP the world of Magical Diary, in a kind of forum roleplay thing; with everyone as their own 'character' interacting with the set NPC characters living in the school/ taking classes, etc.. (probably not romancable npcs in this case)
Off topic but this makes me miss Renaissance Kingdoms (rp/browser game)
Actually used Magical Diary as main inspiration source for an RP that ive written ^^ However i am unsure as to what kind of forum RP would be preferable, if id venture a guess it would be rather freeform and all the players agree to a certain set of bounderies to be within.

Back on track, if they were able to pull it off successfully i dont doubt that it would be very successful, however it would take, to put it mildly, at shit load of time - aka im not expecting it at all, considering that it is a game and it should fit with the storyline a cooked down version would be preferable ^^

Looking forward to what Hanako bring us in the future :3

Anarchy

#15 Post by Anarchy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 pm

I do think that a subforum dedicated to Magical Diary RPs would be the best way to scratch the sequel itch. We could all RP students, and maybe teachers to a lesser extent, from the school, and perhaps reference characters like Potsdam and Grabiner. If hanako wants to throw in unused worldbuilding notes, that might be fun too, but I can see this as being more of a freeform thing that fans take in its own direction.