Of Steam versions, the demo, and problems betwixt the two

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
Coga

Of Steam versions, the demo, and problems betwixt the two

#1 Postby Coga » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:40 pm

First off, count me in as a very satisfied Steam gamer! :D Albeit one heck of a lazy cuss with a tiny problem:

Is it possible for me to update the demo version with the Steam copy I just bought? My Internet's been acting up for the past few days, and anything that can speed up my download (say, addons to the game's demo instead of downloading the game wholesale from Steam) would be very welcome.

What can I say? I'm not a patient man :P , and waiting for the weekend, when I have time to go out and get the technogizmos needed to fix my Internet is too much agony for my modern self :twisted:

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Not quite - this particular game didn't use a demo that can be upgraded to a full version, because this was our first attempt at building an updater system and we didn't want to rely on it too heavily. Updating the demo just gives you the latest version of the *demo*. People buying the full build directly from me get a new installer for the full version to download.

Sorry your internet is wonky! I know how annoying that is :)

Coga

#3 Postby Coga » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Ah, fair enough, fair enough. Guess I'll just have to learn the virtue of patience then :D

Return to “Magical Diary”