How did you imagine your student...?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Mkitty789

How did you imagine your student...?

#1 Post by Mkitty789 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Of course the game does describe your character a bit for you, liking track, being homesick, things like that. Still, how did you imagine your character?
Me, personally I imagined a kid who was well, like me, spent all day inside playing games or on the computer. A kind-hearted, helpful, and forgiving person to a painfully dangerous fault.
One thing I wish I had more control over is 'how did you discover your magical powers' as a wildseed. Mostly because I'm a guy, but I think I would have accidentally given myself a sex change. XD Also other less-than-important back story details.
Anyway when it comes to your character's school life, I just seemed to make a character counter to the minor details that were given at the start of the game, I didn't go to gym or do anything sports related, EVER. I thought my character one who had fallen in love with the world of magic, a fantasy my character thought would never come true, coming true. It is why I took the time to pass all my tests, minus the final exam...that wasn't my fault though! DX
I also imagined my character's relationship with Damien different. While I imagined my character being kind to a deadly fault, my character didn't want to 'fix Damien', my character just wanted to be happy with him.

It is a shame I won't be able to continue the story of my Wildseed for a while, if ever. Well outside of my mind, I mean. =P
My Student: http://yearbook.spikycaterpillar.com/?c=h33589

Well how did you all imagine your characters' personalities and why they did what they did?

FantasyFan

#2 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Depends on which path I'm on, usually. On Donald's path she's fun-loving and somewhat enjoys getting into trouble (when I'm playing Donald's path I usually get a lot of detentions so I can be with him more). On Ellen's path I tend to increse my Cute stat a lot since Ellen seems to enjoy cute things, so she's a bit more "girly" with Ellen. On Virginia's path it's a requirement to have a high Weird stat, so then I think of her as a weird, quirky, outgoing, I-don't-care-what-you-think-of-me person. On Grabner's path, she seems to get more mature and cultured (I always say I play a musical instrument and get interested in what he's reading, for example), and on Damien's path she's more of a romantic who likes being swept off her feet.

Course I guess the personality of the character I'm pursuing influences me there.

Mkitty789

#3 Post by Mkitty789 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Well to be honest I've only played through the whole game once. ^^; I was just rambling about my first imagining for my character, outside of the game mechanics.
Heh, those sound interesting though. Would I be alright for me to ask which one was your favorite? ^^

Arrek

#4 Post by Arrek » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Played my first run with her as a Margaret LeFay type (Dresdan files, not Arthurian) so stubborn, willful, and scary smart/good with magic.

ferdielance

#5 Post by ferdielance » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:01 am

Strange, science-y, bookish, forgets to eat when studying, and is too clever for her own good; works around problems rather than taking them on directly. Avoided using much fire magic for a long time because it seemed to lack finesse, and doesn't get why everyone's so boy/girl-crazy all the time. Sympathetic to people who buck authority figures, but only if they have good reasons or it's really funny.

In terms of appearance? Tomboyish and scruffy, silver streaks in black hair from the time she tried to transmute her hair into a lockpick and failed.

Funtaine

#6 Post by Funtaine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm

I have only had one playthrough so far, but I spent quite a lot of time thinking about my character. (Being an old LARPer and in general roleplayer, it's a hobby related mental injury!)

I imagined my character as very book-ish and into studying. First thing I was able to, I got her glasses. I went for the Damien romance as he made me chuckle. I however didn't like how she seemed to want to rescue him or him being mysterious. I rather imagined her seeing him as a gentle soul beneath a hard outer layer and sticking to that. I also imagined her as awfully stubborn and a person who when determined on something, wouldn't let it go. Thus I ended up with the best possible Damien ending because she was convinced he was good deep down, but just on a wrong path. She didn't want to fix him, but rather she wanted to be with his "good" side. :P

A few things annoyed me about the preset history, such as being a good track runner. Sure, I could make a character who likes that, but I really imagined her more like an intelligent and laidback person. Being very interested in white, blue and green magic since they could be used positively in interaction with other people. It saddened me I didn't get to use the magic more! I had this image of her happily helping people through magic and trying to understand them better through it.
(I'm still going back and forth on who to go for next. All except Donald, he annoys me.)

/Blabber over. :) I will probably post how I see future characters in other scenarios. I plan on going after either Grabby or Ellen next.

Mkitty789

#7 Post by Mkitty789 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

Good Futaine, I like the way you think. My general sentiments, although I would prefer Blue White and Black magics.
That and I didn't think much of Damien, as being kind under a hard shell. Part of it was 'you're fun to be around, and your dramatics are adorable', and I want to help you with your problems' because I was playing a suicidally good willed character. Someone who just wanted to be happy with the person they choose, which in my play through was Damien. They were willing to work through it even after...well you played his story, you know what. XP
I never thought about fixing Damien though. Helping him through his problems but CHANGING him, no. I can never comprehend that, why would you want to change someone if you love them. If you are, aren't you making them into something they aren't?

Oki

#8 Post by Oki » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 am

I imagine Ine as normal, but very suspicious of Damien the whole time. But she's reluctant to admit, she wants it all to be true. Then she reluctantly takes him back not with the intention of fixing him....but bizarrely accepting he loves someone who is a good person and she loves someone who is evil. Romance ensues?

I imagine she wants to be friends with people, but makes her room mates mad. Virginia by dating Damien, Ellen by being inconsiderate because she's a self concerned teenage girl. And then being used by Damien makes her secretive, worried, and paranoid. But at the end of it all, she's very content with rationalizing bad decisions COUGH http://celemna.deviantart.com/gallery/? ... 4#/d4ln3ml
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Icehawk

#9 Post by Icehawk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 am

I was playing a character who wanted to meet boys and fall in love, but was more interested in magic. Simply because magical reality bending powers are awesome. A bookworm who studied a lot to gain awesome powers, with a focus on healing people. Which made it all the more wierd that she apparently ended up a rare moth breeder.

Soulbringer

#10 Post by Soulbringer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:36 am

Ended up as???
As far as i know, the only thing that mentions anything about career is the yearbook, and you should take those careers as half a joke, usually yearbooks are done for fun as such most of the stuff written in those arent exactly always serious predictions to the future...

If you ended up with Moth Breeder, it could have something to do with usually being studious and alone in a dark room... or something like that :P What were you voted "most likely to"?

LunaEclipse18

#11 Post by LunaEclipse18 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 am

I tend to forget that the character is american, and especially if i'm doing the Grabbiner path I end up slightly confused for a moment before remembering she's not English too :?, so she ends up going from speaking with an american accent, to an English accent, to a dodgy English accent with her personality being similar to my own. If any of that makes sense. :oops:

Serenity_Hotaru

#12 Post by Serenity_Hotaru » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:34 am

All my characters have a similar personality to myself. That being said, no matter what other character I'm chasing after (or being chased by), they're all similar but with their own differences.

For example, on Damien's path, my character was much more innocent and curious. As for Donald's path, she was a little more hyperactive and outgoing. In Grabbiner's path, she was more understanding.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Annoying the community with useless information and questions since Day 1 of my membership.