Allowance glitch? Or part of the story?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Makiko

Allowance glitch? Or part of the story?

#1 Post by Makiko » Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

On February 8th in the game, when the allowance delivered, I noticed I only got a dollar instead of the usual 5. It seemed really odd and I was wondering if this was a glitch or if something happened in the story that I missed. I kept playing the game for a little more than a week, expecting the main character to mention it but I didn't get anything.
Will this be brought up later or is it just a glitch in my game?

Oh, and I apologize if there's a better place/thread for this already, I don't think I saw one...

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun May 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Hmm - checking it myself at the moment I receive $5 as expected, at least on the variant of that day that I'm checking.

Who was treasurer at the time in your game - you, Ellen, or someone else?

Makiko

#3 Post by Makiko » Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Someone else. I ran for president (didn't win though) and I don't think Ellen got convinced to run.

rodan100919

#4 Post by rodan100919 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm having the same issue. In my case, I couldn't run because of -10 in merits (bumped into a certain professor at the beginning.) and Ellen didn't run. I have Millie as president and Manuel as treasurer. If it matters any, I'm bought the game from Steam.

Other than this minor bug, this has been one of the best VNs I've read this year. Hoping to see a 2nd chapter if you decide to continue the story.

Leondre

#5 Post by Leondre » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 am

Came here to report the same thing. Received a single dollar a week for 3 weeks, and then everything went normal again. Thought it might have been a part of the game that I missed.

Treasurer was Manuel.

edit: Only happened on my first playthrough though.

Coga

#6 Post by Coga » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 am

Huh, and here I was thinking I was the only one with this problem. I have the Steam version, if that helps.

Makiko

#7 Post by Makiko » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 am

Well, if there's not an official solution to the bug, I suggest everyone just do what I did and recomp the lost money using the python console.
Load the game, go to options, then select python console. You'll see a prompt to enter a code. You can adjust the amount of money you have with the code "money = number", like money = 25, then hit enter twice.

I know this is already on the game walkthrough, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who hasn't seen it.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

It's in our list of things to fix in an upcoming patch, we've just been a bit busy lately. :)

Coga

#9 Post by Coga » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:27 am

Makiko wrote:Well, if there's not an official solution to the bug, I suggest everyone just do what I did and recomp the lost money using the python console.
Load the game, go to options, then select python console. You'll see a prompt to enter a code. You can adjust the amount of money you have with the code "money = number", like money = 25, then hit enter twice.

I know this is already on the game walkthrough, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who hasn't seen it.
How does one do that? I don't see any such option; wasn't it only an option in the demo? I'm certainly not seeing it in the Steam version.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 am

The python console is located in the updater screen because it originally existed for debugging purposes, and the updater had to be disabled for the steam release because Steam handles updates itself. So currently, you cannot access the debugger through Steam.

There are workarounds for people who want to use BIG CHEATS from the beginning but wanting to make small adjustments will have to wait for an update... and when we get an update done this bit will be fixed anyway :)

Coga

#11 Post by Coga » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:48 am

hanako wrote:The python console is located in the updater screen because it originally existed for debugging purposes, and the updater had to be disabled for the steam release because Steam handles updates itself. So currently, you cannot access the debugger through Steam.

There are workarounds for people who want to use BIG CHEATS from the beginning but wanting to make small adjustments will have to wait for an update... and when we get an update done this bit will be fixed anyway :)
Meh, it's not a big issue at all, fear not :D The game's more than capable of being finished without the need for cheats and such.