Dungeon Puzzle Crash

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Watsong

Dungeon Puzzle Crash

#1 Post by Watsong » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

In the dungeon, within which you are racing someone, I arrived at the exit door at the same time as my opponent.

He pushed me away.

I returned to the door and he had opened it.

I cast 'Fire Trap' in the direction of the door.

My opponent stepped through the door and into the fire trap.

The game couldn't handle the fact that he walked into a fire trap and escaped the dungeon at the same time.

Crash!

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I haven't yet been able to reproduce the bug - what version of Magical Diary are you using, on what OS? Do you have a saved game inside the offending dungeon? Did you damage your opponent any before the crash? Do you have a traceback.txt file from the crash? (It would usually be created in the game directory.)

Thanks!

Watsong

#3 Post by Watsong » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I searched for traceback.txt but there isn't one in the game folder. When it gave me the choices to upload or rollback, I chose to rollback. But then I found that I couldn't move or do anything, so I loaded my earlier save.

Unfortunately, I now overwrote that save, so I will have to play through the game again with black/red magic.

I already hurt him with slash, so maybe the fire trap would have killed him?

Watsong

#4 Post by Watsong » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I made it to the dungeon again. But this time the opponent died and it didn't crash. Maybe it's only if the exit is immediately after the doors?