Recent Update?

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Muse

Recent Update?

#1 Post by Muse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Sorry if this has been said somewhere, but I assume the most recent update to Magical Diary is a big one/we have new content? I was asking because the Winter Wolves Newsletter mentioned it, so I was wondering what the latest update contained? I didn't see any posts on it here; sorry if I missed it!

Any word on what the new content is? :D

Oki

#2 Post by Oki » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh the new content they mention is almost certainly a Big Steve update added where you can go to the dance with him. It's just a side story, but it's pretty cool. :)
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Muse

#3 Post by Muse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Oki wrote:Oh the new content they mention is almost certainly a Big Steve update added where you can go to the dance with him. It's just a side story, but it's pretty cool. :)
Oh! That would be marvelous! I love Big Steve. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah, I should get around to metioning it in my own newsletters, I'm just distracted lately.

And really really antsy nagging the artist for LLTQ to get those last bits in so we can finish. :)

Oki

#5 Post by Oki » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Girlfriend you're gonna get me excited. I want that coronation scene! But that's for another topic and you've already taken the case.

Yeah though, Steve's cute. He had to grow on me, I'm definitely not a Snake girl.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

SarahBelles

#6 Post by SarahBelles » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 am

I try'd to update, but it will not let me, I used my email. I do not have the reciept anymore so if I need to use my registration code, I do not have it anymore. Which kinda sucks because I wanted to download it to my desktop. My lap top is about ready to be retired. Anywho any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 am

I'm not sure precisely what you're saying, sorry.

If you're trying to get the game onto a different computer, the best way to do that is to get a fresh download of the installer. This isn't one of those games where the demo version is unlocked by putting in your email address. THe demo and the full version are separate.

I can send you a new download link email (which will also remind you what your registration key is) if you forward me the receipt email you got after buying the game. (It did say 'Save This Email' on it :) ) If you don't have that email anymore, then I can try to look up your order record if you know what name and email address the game was bought under.

Basically, find whatever information you can about your purchase and send it to me either by PM here or by email to owner@hanakogames.com

If I can find your order record I can send you a new download email. Once you have the installer you can put it on whatever computer you want, and then use the registration code that is printed in the email to download the new updates.

SarahBelles

#8 Post by SarahBelles » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 am

I guess I had two questions, One, I could not update because I deleted my email que on accident and lost all of my emails. Two, I wanted to redownload the game to another computer, and how could I do that. Sorry for not being clearer. Thanks for the help. I will email your link next.

Amaranth

#9 Post by Amaranth » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I thought to have another look at this game, and wanted to update it (from 1.0.25.7). The update failed, with the following error messages:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'filename'

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 382, in main
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\main.py", line 116, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\renpy\warp.py", line 101, in warp
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'filename'

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

Any suggestions? (Yes, I have the confirmation emails still. Never throw those away.).

Spiky Caterpillar

#10 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

It should be able to update if you either delete the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Magical Diary - Horse Hall\game\dlc.rpyc or start the game with Administrator privileges.

Once you successfully update, future updates shouldn't require this fiddling.

Amaranth

#11 Post by Amaranth » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 am

That worked. Thanks, Most Excellent Caterpillar.

:)