Game length

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
Anarchy

Game length

#1 Postby Anarchy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

How long does one playthrough typically take? I'm just wondering if I should wait till spring break to start playing this because once I start a game I tend to have problems stopping.

Alternately, a guesstimate of how long you spent playing this game would be nice too.

FantasyFan

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 am

Hmm, I would say around an hour, though the gameplay length can vary greatly depending on how long you take to pass the exams and how many conversations you have.

Anarchy

#3 Postby Anarchy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 am

So I could probably download this now and not worry about getting too distracted to finish my homework? :P

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:17 am

... While obviously I don't know entirely since I wrote the thing and therefore can play through it at very high speed, I'm pretty sure normal people on their first playthrough are going to need three or four hours at least!

Whoever wrote the VNDB entry classed it as "10-30 hours" but that's obviously taking multiple playthroughs into account. This isn't a 50-hour epic.

Oki

#5 Postby Oki » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Took me 8 hours since I had a tendency to reload and freak out. (Reloaded at Damien for instance, tried again xD) but I'd say if you try to read and do everything for one path it's a decent chunk of a day. It's not an epic but for an otome game it's pretty lengthy.

DarthSnuggles

#6 Postby DarthSnuggles » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:52 am

I'd say it depends strongly on how driven you are to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a game. I tend to want to discover all possible paths, lines of dialogue, CGs, endings, etc., so with saving and reloading and exploring around, it took me about four or five hours on my first playthrough with Damien.

It gets a little faster when you've done the game before, since you know how some of the events play out and what you need to do to pass/fail exams, but honestly, it's worth taking your time on this game and exploring your options. There's a lot here, and the world and characters can really suck you in.

Oki

#7 Postby Oki » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:39 pm

DarthSnuggles wrote:I'd say it depends strongly on how driven you are to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a game. I tend to want to discover all possible paths, lines of dialogue, CGs, endings, etc., so with saving and reloading and exploring around, it took me about four or five hours on my first playthrough with Damien.

It gets a little faster when you've done the game before, since you know how some of the events play out and what you need to do to pass/fail exams, but honestly, it's worth taking your time on this game and exploring your options. There's a lot here, and the world and characters can really suck you in.

Word. I've played this game more times than I can count.

Return to “Magical Diary”