License Inquiry Problem

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Sensitanimo

License Inquiry Problem

#1 Post by Sensitanimo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 pm

>.< I messaged Hanako but at her advice, am going to post here.

My issue was that at first I didn't know what the license key was, that bit that you have to enter for updates. The email account I used was deleted but I'd luckily saved that webpage you get when you download Magical Diary. After figuring out that it was the activation code, I entered that into the space and waited.

At this time something went wrong (not quite sure what) and it asked if I wanted a traceback to which I have included here:

Code: Select all

stuff was here but I get it now so
I kept trying, and asked Hanako about it to which she brought up a lot of interesting questions. I do believe I'd been online for both times. But anyhow, an additional bit is that now whenever I attempt to update it tells me:
Retrieving Catalog 0/1

Then:
HTTP: Invalid Registration Key

So if you could offer any insight on this I would be grateful. Thanks.
Last edited by Sensitanimo on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory."

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm not sure what's causing the 10060 error; if it only occurred once or twice, though, I think it's probably a transient network problem. The updater isn't working because your license key was mistyped; I've sent the correct license key in a PM.

The game should prompt you to re-enter the license key if an update failed; if it's not asking for the license key when you try to update, you'll need to delete the licensekey.txt file from your Magical Diary save directory.

On Seven and Vista, the default location for the data directory is C:\Users\(Your username)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\MagicalDiaryHorseHall\ ; you can get there by typing %APPDATA%\RenPy\MagicalDiaryHorseHall\ into an Explorer window's address bar.

Sensitanimo

#3 Post by Sensitanimo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Well, I feel like a derp. XD

But thanks, this clarified things and though the oversight was just a small thing and therefore dorky because I was so worried I'm just glad this was easy to rectify. Thanks again for the help.
"May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory."