Big Steve patch now available

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
mouse_girl

#16 Post by mouse_girl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I enjoyed the extra content with him. My favorite scene was probably having coffee with him at the mall he was so adorable. :D

Not sure if this would be spoilerish so I whited it out.
At the end during the dance is there anyway to offer to keep in touch writing letters? (Not sure if that would work though since he said he's going to the Otherworld to start training.) I felt sad that I "probably" wouldn't be able to see him again after we started being friends.

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should put something like that in or not. I didn't want it to feel too much like the resolutions of some of the other paths.

I can see ways it might happen, but I think for the moment I'm leaning towards not giving any specifics as to whether or how you might communicate with him again.

perch

#18 Post by perch » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

ZOMG Big Steve!

I don't really have anything constructive to say, I'm just so excited to finally get my Sue to pursue that adorable, socially awkward, introvert. *happy dance*

Edited to Include: I'm having some problems with installing the new updates. I had to get a new computer so I had lost my old install and saves. When I try to update I'm told I need the 0.2.82.2 first (the game is at default 0.2.76) but I don't have that option. I can only go directly to 1.0.18.1 which doesn't include the needed earlier update.

That was really confusing wasn't it?

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Trying to update from something WAY back in alpha is probably going to explode, yeah. You need a newer installer. :)

Contact me by PM or email with the name and email address you bought under (or the 'Order ID', but not the 'Product ID' because the product id just says what game it was, which doesn't help :) ) and I can find your order and press the button to get you a new download.

Spiky Caterpillar

#20 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

perch wrote:Edited to Include: I'm having some problems with installing the new updates. I had to get a new computer so I had lost my old install and saves. When I try to update I'm told I need the 0.2.82.2 first (the game is at default 0.2.76) but I don't have that option. I can only go directly to 1.0.18.1 which doesn't include the needed earlier update.

That was really confusing wasn't it?
Oops - my fault. (I left the 0.x directory out when moving the updater onto the new patch server, because it was four and a half gigs and I thought everyone had updated to 1.x by then. But 0.2.82.2 itself is a manageable size, so it's up.)

You should now be able to download 0.2.82.2 when the updater prompts you to; once that's done, you'll need to update again to beta 1.0.30 to get the new Big Steve scenes. If it still doesn't work, Hanako can send you a new installer.

junsei7

#21 Post by junsei7 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Oki wrote:The minor flirting didn't make up for what felt like 60% mean ness.
It's interesting that it could be read as meanness - I read it completely as socially awkward and so utterly at a loss what to do with this chatty thing that wants to be friends. :) I think maybe I read it like this though as I'm socially awkward and my reflex response would be to disappear too!

I might play again and read it through differently! It makes it more fun I think, that it can work on either level.

FantasyFan

#22 Post by FantasyFan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Given that I tend to be a socially awkward type in real life, I didn't see any of it as mean - he just has trouble interacting with people. That's what makes him an interesting character. Like how he doesn't really know what to do when Mary Sue gives him Mr. Hoppity, and how he seems to prefer Mr. Hoppity's company to anyone else's - it's because he's not comfortable in social situations, not because he's mean.

perch

#23 Post by perch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 pm

So I've done the Steve content twice so far. The first time I forgot what store was going under so I didn't save it and I think I scared him off by being too romantic. The second time I saved the pastry shop and went the funny route and oh, it broke my heart right into little pieces after I got the dance and Mr. Hoppity and the picture/yearbook entry.

Excellent job Hanako, I really loved that. I've enjoyed both variations so much. Exactly what I was hoping for in a small side romance with Big Steve. He's so adorably awkward and worth the effort of breaking through that defensive, panicky shell. :D

Big Steve is officially tied with Donald in my book. He'd have beaten him, if it was a full route romance, but I loved this little side romance so much. Definitely worth the wait.

Mythago

#24 Post by Mythago » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:45 am

Finally we get Big Steve's scenes. I think I'm doing something wrong because I didn't get a picture or yearbook entry QQ

FantasyFan

#25 Post by FantasyFan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 am

Have you visited the pastry shop at least five times to keep it from closing down?

Bane Doyle

#26 Post by Bane Doyle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Just letting you know that when I went to show a friend how to update the game, going all the way to "check for updates", I pressed "return" and went to let her start a new game to try it and an error occurred.

I closed the game and had no problems, so the problem was only when I did that specific sequence.

Other than that, LOVING THIS.

Pixelen

#27 Post by Pixelen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 am

Yay Big Steve! Just played it through but had NO idea about the bakery so I didn't get his full route :( shouldn't he tell you at some point or did I just miss it? I will try again another time to get the full ending since I just love Big Steve and Mr Hoppity so much! :D

faerirose

#28 Post by faerirose » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:The "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'filename'" error in warp.py is caused by a bug in the interaction between the UAC version of the updater and some experimental code (introduced in 1.0.21).

You should be able to work around the bug by either running the updater as Administrator or by finding and deleting the file 'dlc.rpyc' before running the updater. Once you update to 1.0.30 (currently in alpha) you should be able to update normally to future versions.
Thanks. It worked for me!

Serenity_Hotaru

#29 Post by Serenity_Hotaru » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:05 am

Personally, I loved Big Steve's path. :)

It took me two play-throughs to get the dance pictures though because I didn't know about the bakery thing but I finally got it. Tip: Go to the food court at the mall and order a pastry at least five times before your coffee date with him. :wink:

I also really like how he had two different pictures (one where you're holding Mister Hoppity and another where Mister Hoppity is on Big Steve's shoulder). :)
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Annoying the community with useless information and questions since Day 1 of my membership.

LadyDena

#30 Post by LadyDena » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Sorry.
But I tried waiting during the first day at christmas but my game crashed to desktop I think i must of done somthing wrong