favorite paths (spoilers)

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Postby hanako » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Do you guys mind if I split this section of discussion off and move it into the main Magical Diary forum, since you're talking about the first game and not the potential sequel? :)

Oki

#17 Postby Oki » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:56 pm

I was just thinking you should! Thankies much. :)

ninja.reject

#18 Postby ninja.reject » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 am

Yeah I kinda went off on a tangent. Story of my life. Half the time I never get to say what I try to say bc I get distracted by my words and go on for ten minutes about something else.

Anyone have a girl for their favorite path?

Oki

#19 Postby Oki » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:08 am

Oh and ninja reject, yes I do have fanfiction. And art. I posted it in fanworks if you'd like to see it, but it's also my avatar hur hur.

Uh personally I really like Virginia. But honestly, I'm excited for the seq- WOW I JUST WANT TO DISCUSS BOTH DON'T I? ANYWAY, I lik Virginia's because of the plot going on in it, but I like Ellen's romantic scenes more.

marilhama16

#20 Postby marilhama16 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 am

After beating up Donald's path (and I did that about a billion times, trust me xD) I started to actually HATE Virginia. Before that I didn't care about her, but then I started to see her as an annoying bossy girl. Ellen is pretty much meh to me, but I liked her path in a way. But If I had to choose one girl to date in this game it would be either Minnie or Pastel.

Benazir

#21 Postby Benazir » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am

I love Damien and can't wait for 'Wolf Hall' to meet him again. :roll:

ninja.reject

#22 Postby ninja.reject » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

I think the moment I started to dislike Ellen and Virginia is when they kicked me out of my own room! I was so pissed. I hate when others attempt to control my love life. Then they made me fail the last test when I had perfect merits. I wanted to strangle them.

I thought it was hilarious when I offered to duel Ellen for William when I had no interest in him, but she hates all my jokes. At least Virginia likes fun.

I would love to try a Minnie or Pastel path too, they both seem interesting, and the Pastel kiss was hot and unexpected.

@Oki, I read your Damien fanfic and looked at the pics, very nice! I liked how you portrayed Damien. And you made me finally realize why he told her to take blue magic that week! All that time I was taking blue magic every week bc I thought it would make him happy.

Oki

#23 Postby Oki » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh actually that reminds me of something I'd like to write. Honestly, I think my biggest thing with the Damien romance is you aren't given options. Like, I'd really have liked to say some really snarky stuff to Angela beyond, like you?, and most of all I didn't want to speak up to Ellen and Virginia. Personally if it was me I'd have started crying from frustration because I am a 16 year old girl who's never been kissed and just wants to go on a date! They all played right into Damien's hands when they made a big deal out of it. They should have just let me be and then been assholes, but instead they DID make it seem like he was a victim. And Angela's not exactly sweet..XD But you know, honestly, I'd have said to them, "Girlfriends....this was never any of your business. It's my room and I'm not leaving. Maybe if you guys would have you know...been cool and not shot down any of my attempts to understand, I wouldnt be in love with a crazy egotistical demon boy who tried to eat my soul. I know it's retarded, none of you guys exactly did anything but push me towards him. By the way Ellen your hair looks phenomenal today." XD

Thanks for the compliment! Yeah Damien did say everything he did was designed to manipulate you. I'd even bet money he walked through the mall with you on a crowded day specifically to attract attention, maybe not necessarily from Angela but attention all the same. He's such a conniving jerkface...who is awesome...

ninja.reject

#24 Postby ninja.reject » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:34 pm

I bet Damien knew MS was watching when he was shooting down Pastel. He could probably smell her from where she was. You know, with extrasensory demon power or something. I love him anyway though. I just got the Walking in Darkness trophy! Sweetness. I had to promise not to see him again, then break my promise. You'd think someone would have been nice enough to mention that breaking a promise makes you lose all your magic. Kind of a huge consequence. I was pleased Damien still supported her even after she had no magic.

When I first played I was hoping Manuel, the adorable furry boy, would be a datable character. Even after I chose him to give pancakes to, I still didn't get a scene at all with him! Oh well, maybe next time.

@Oki, what did you remember you wanted to write?

Oki

#25 Postby Oki » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 pm

You know I actually feel humiliated myself everytime I make the MC plead for Damien's case. I feel so cool when she's like, you know, no. Gotta work for it after that whole soul eating business, mister. XD Better late than never right? He's so manipulative. But you know, I feel like he almost didn't know. Even if he did it doesn't ruin it, but it makes sense either way. I doubt he cheated on the MC at all when he was trying to win her over, afterall he needed something very special from her. The least he could give was his fidelity.

Gee you know, I do wish there could be like a super big expansion pack for the game. So many characters, so much dating potential..

Ah, well, I actually drew a comic of it already but I'm not sure if I want to write it or keep it that way. Essentially she goes ultra mean mode to Angela and instead of Damien walking away she starts crying and stomps off and then instead of telling her room mates "You just dont understand him!" she says something along the lines of, "And did you ever once ask me what I wanted? Maybe I never cared that much. Maybe I just wanted to have a boyfriend! I've never given him anything I would regret!" insert soul giving here. Etc.

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Postby hanako » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 pm

pushy author insertion, feel free to ignore!

One of the points I was trying to make with Ellen and Virginia's extremely clumsy attempts at saving you from yourself is that this is not a good way to go about it.

In the real world all sorts of people with good intentions get in their friends faces and make demands. "Stop doing <whatever>! You're killing yourself!" And the result is, quite often, that your friend starts ignoring you completely. Trying to force someone to change is obnoxious. You're probably going to make them get defensive and dig in their heels and make it even harder for them to seek help if they start suspecting that they need it.

So if you think your friend is dating a soul-eating monster, really, don't do a big "HIM OR ME!" scene. It will end badly!

Oki

#27 Postby Oki » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Why would I ignore that? That just makes me really respect you as an author, and I can see it now. You know honestly I think Damien's path would be very very different if say, you were Treasurer and Minnie's attentions weren't torn away by Kyo. Just having some sort of friend who listened, instead of very very biased ones. I think what I like most about Damien's path is seeing how very wrong things become and how very very deep everyone evolves.

ninja.reject

#28 Postby ninja.reject » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 pm

I think it is incredible actually being able to interact with the writer of a game I love playing, finding out some of the secrets of why the plotline is the way it is. More gamewriters should be like you Hanako.

And I, like many girls, have had a boyfriend that everyone in my life hated. My whole family tried to break us up, so I knew how my MS must have felt. There is not a lot you can do when a loved one won't stop making destructive decisions, besides be there for them, and offer advice. A person has to want to stop, so I also respect your reasons for having Virginia and Ellen act the way they did.

@Oki, I do wish you had the option at some point of punching Angela in the face, for what she did to William, the mall scene, and for making fun of my candles. Maybe you could include that in your comic, haha!

Oki

#29 Postby Oki » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 am

I agree, it's really nice to get to speak with you Hanako.

Oh well, honestly, Damien's biggest thing is he didn't ever treat you poorly until you stopped showing him compassion and caring. He was really sweet the whole way through...unlike MY jerk boyfriend who actually told me I was being pathetic for crying over a dead friend of mine. Yup, Damien just wanted to eat your soul...XD

Just for you I sketched this up XD :
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp32 ... foryou.jpg

ninja.reject

#30 Postby ninja.reject » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Hahaha! Love it! That's what she should have done when Angela said she was getting good grades bc she was bonking the teacher. I am not good at drawing, sometimes I copy, but I can't draw originally :(

Return to “Magical Diary”