After I order a copy...

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
AgentHazel

After I order a copy...

#1 Postby AgentHazel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Does the game come on a disc in the mail, or will it send me a download of some sorts?

Downloading is preferable...I want to play now :P

addams013

#2 Postby addams013 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:41 pm

They send your email address a download link. I just got a copy myself, and am enjoying it hugely.

You can order a disc if you like for a little extra tin, but they'll still send you a download link.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 pm

BMT offers a 'backup CD' option with all sales. If you choose it, it'll cost an extra $10 or so (none of which goes to me) and they'll burn the installer onto a blank CD and mail that to you. I wouldn't recommend it, but the option is there if people want it.

Alternately if you want a *nice* CD, you can contact me separately, but that's not part of the normal order process. :) We have some pretty printed CDs in DVD cases that we sell at conventions. Those sales do not come with download links, they're a special situation and not handled through the BMT order system (which also means the standard discounts don't apply).

addams013

#4 Postby addams013 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Really? I'm intrigued, especially since I love your art. Have you ever tried selling the pretty boxes on the site? Or does that just not work with the way BMT does business?

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 pm

I can't sell them through BMT - they're downloads only, they don't do physical stock. So the only way to handle it is through direct paypal payments.

Also, the physical stock is in the US (where I'm not, right now) and we have to negotiate making and mailing them, etc. It's just awkward enough that I don't promote it very heavily.

There's a picture of what the box looks like at the bottom of this old blog post:

http://whineaboutgames.blogspot.com/201 ... ailer.html

The Date Warp page mentions the existence of CDs and a few people buy them there, but mostly this stuff is for con table sales.

Return to “Magical Diary”