Help? (Glitch)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
muchlikefalling

Help? (Glitch)

#1 Post by muchlikefalling » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I was playing through the game when in Exam #5 I can't choose any actions. All of the options on the left of the screen won't do anything, so I can't even leave the exam. On the right, everything is still fine- I can still see the options and everything, but I can't continue the game.

I've tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, scrolling back through the text (nothing happens). Is there a way to get back to gameplay, or will I just have to start again?

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 am

Hm. What happened just before it locked up? (What usually causes that particular bug is a bad interaction between a spell and something else in the dungeon - the game thinks you're still in the middle of a spell and is waiting for it to finish.)

If you can save the game while the bug is showing, uploading a saved game to http://spikycaterpillar.com/savegame-upload.html should help me fix it - or, better yet, if you have a save where the bug DOESN'T yet show with step-by-step instructions on how to get the bug to show up.

Also, what version of the game are you using? (It will show the version in options: Updater.)