Random question about Ellen (slight spoilers for Grabby)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
DarthSnuggles

Random question about Ellen (slight spoilers for Grabby)

#1 Post by DarthSnuggles » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Not really relevant to the Ellen storyline, but it was something that I noticed when I was following Virginia's path (and hadn't had a chance to run for treasurer). If you get Ellen elected, you get a little dialogue every Saturday about her getting up early and then returning after mail; basically, she does all the same things that you do if you're the treasurer, like running the candle booth and notifying you when mall trips are cancelled.

One of those days, you notice that Ellen seems kind of jumpy and flushed when she gets back from her rounds. I can't remember if it happens on January 25th or not, but it's definitely in that area. So I can't help but wonder:

If Ellen is the treasurer, does she end up being accidentally married to Grabiner? :twisted:

On the one hand, I can't imagine that she'd be the type to rush into a dangerous situation without thinking, but on the other hand, she seems a little bit TOO nervous if all she did was run for Professor Potsdam and then wait outside.

I understand if hanako just wants to say "believe whatever you like!" but I'm honestly curious to know if there's a concrete answer to that one. I'd also be interested to hear what other players think!

callas

#2 Post by callas » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 pm

I don't think she ends up being accidentally married to Grabiner, because when you're not on Donald's path, she's with Donald at the Dance.

And you're not allowed to date when married to Grabby.

DarthSnuggles

#3 Post by DarthSnuggles » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 pm

But you CAN still go to the dance with Donald if you're married. If you've done his path up to the marriage, and then stay friends with him and tell him that it's a marriage in name only, you get the option to ask him to go to the May Day Ball with you as a friend. (Assuming that you don't care to advance the Grabiner path.) So, conceivably, Ellen could be there with him as a friend also.

FantasyFan

#4 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm

I don't think she gets married. If you're on her romance path she kisses you in front of everyone at the May Day Ball (whether or not she's treasurer) - that would get her in trouble if she were married.

She probably goes to Potsam for help when she sees the monster.

DarthSnuggles

#5 Post by DarthSnuggles » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Ohhh. I didn't know she kissed you at the ball, I thought for some reason that it happened earlier than that, and I'm always the treasurer, except for my most recent playthrough, so that hadn't occurred to me.

She's pretty timid about some things, so I guess she'd be rather flustered about the Manus even if she did the right thing and ran for Professor Potsdam. Especially if Grabiner yelled at her like he does to Mary Sue! Still, it is kind of an amusing idea that whoever winds up with the treasurer position risks a shotgun wedding. (As long as it's not Jacob, he's kind of a goon.)

Wouldn't it be fun to have the option to romance Ellen as a guy character? I'll be she'd be really cute and shy and blush a lot.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 am

It is intended that Ellen does not marry Grabiner. She's flustered because she's trying not to laugh.

Which should not stop you from writing Ellen/Grabiner fics if you want to.

DarthSnuggles

#7 Post by DarthSnuggles » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:36 am

hanako wrote:It is intended that Ellen does not marry Grabiner. She's flustered because she's trying not to laugh.

Which should not stop you from writing Ellen/Grabiner fics if you want to.
...That thought had never crossed my mind. But now I have Ideas.