Convince me :)

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Spiderkitty

Convince me :)

#1 Post by Spiderkitty » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 am

Hello Hanako Games forum people!

First I want to thank the developers for making a demo available. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it really left me hanging at the edge of my seat when it ended. It really felt like a game that I would enjoy playing, and I was getting ready to purchase it right then and there. But... I saw the price. As much as I loved the demo, I had no idea how I would feel about the rest of the game.

So without the long explanation as to why I'm typing this, I have come up with a plan: Convince me why I should purchase the full version of this game.
Is it the replayability? The multiple endings? The character development?
Developers: Are you going to be supporting this title for the months to come? Maybe adding more content?

I want to hear from the people that bought this game why I should too. Try not to give out spoilers :)

I know there's a contest for a free copy, but I wanted to try this out first before I conjured up a fic for that (plus I like to support hardworking developers)

Thanks again to all, and I look forward to playing this game in the future (even if it's not the immediate future)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 am

Unfortunately I'm on vacataion at the moment and have only a bad laptop that I can't write on very comfortably, so I can't personally be very eloquent with convincing. :)

The game has a LOT OF WORDS, and yes, as you can tell if you find the changelog (Where did you post that, spiky?) it's being supported and constantly updated. Mostly bugfixes, some new content, waiting on the artist to get some new pictures done to add those in at the moment.

But I'm going to have to hope someone else chimes in to convince you because I am not at a working
computer until next week. :)

Xenostatica

#3 Post by Xenostatica » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:05 am

Okay, I am totally chiming in on this. I have been addicted to this game for a while now and have gotten many people to play the demo at the very least. As you can see in the fan forum that I am one of the many people who has done fan-fics for this game.

The story line is adorable. I'm an older girl gamer (I will simply say that and not give an age) and have been stuck for a long time playing Japanese otome games in Japanese. This game fills a niche nicely for this genre of game in English no less! I appreciate that because trying to play a Japanese game can become frustrating and tiring when it is not your first language so having the little pleasure of being able to read and not worrying about mistranslating is great!!!

What I really enjoy about this game is the replay value. I'm a person who has to get everything in a game and this game allows many play throughs. The fact that you can play nice or really evil is fun, multiple people to end up with and gender is no limitation so it gives everyone a little bit to play on.

Editing the character to what you would like to have them be is great as well as a difference in weight is a wonderful feature.

So for someone who has been playing it for a few weeks now I have to say I did not mind paying for this at all, in fact if more came out then I would gladly pay for the rest of the series.

callas

#4 Post by callas » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, if the demo left you hanging at the edge of your seat, you'll certainly love the game.

It's totally worth the money, because when you'll end the game once, you'll want to play it again and again.

Because of the great storyline, there's something for everybody in this game, whether you're a boy or a girl.

junsei7

#5 Post by junsei7 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:07 pm

If you enjoyed the demo, I would definitely recommend buying it. I know with some games the demo is interesting and then you play through all the paths, learn the story and put it aside, but this has so much more to it. There is an openness to storylines which will be followed through in other Halls, there are hidden gems of conversation that take multiple playthroughs to find and many options to take through the different paths. Unlike a lot of games, the characters that inhabit the world around the main characters are fleshed out and have quite a number of fans on the forums despite only appearing in a few scenes. I think that's testimony to the excellent quality of the writing.

Worth every penny.

Spiderkitty

Wow...

#6 Post by Spiderkitty » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 am

Thank you for all that responded. :) Thank you especially to Hanako. I really wasn't expecting a reply from you since you had announced you would be away (especially so soon!) That alone tells me how dedicated you are to the game and it's fans. More developers could learn from you.

As for the convincing of the posters here, I have to say that you guys nailed it. I am looking forward to playing this game, and hopefully becoming as involved with it as all you current fans are. Even with only 3 people responding to this thread in 24hrs, I can definitely feel the fan loyalty here and within the rest of the board (at least the threads with no spoilers :lol: )

Thank you again to all that responded, and I look forward to more discussions about this game with you all in the future.

mermaid

#7 Post by mermaid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 pm

I only have the demo for the game so I can't speak for it. however I've been a loyal fan of Hanako games for years. they were very supportive with the cute knight series when I had issues with it and extremely friendly. also unlike other developers their games have high re-play values.

if you can afford the game you should get it and you won't be disappointed!

junsei7

#8 Post by junsei7 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:43 pm

@ Spiderkitty

I'm glad you were convinced! I have to say I had NEVER posted on a forum ever until this game came along. But I enjoyed the game so much and the discussions on the forum were so interesting and helpful, I got sucked in! :) I hope you enjoy the game and your time on the forums as much as I have.