Okay, so, I have a question.

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
bluebutterfly101

Okay, so, I have a question.

#1 Post by bluebutterfly101 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 am

Is it me, or does Professor Grabiner remind you of Snape from Harry Potter, too? In all honesty.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:26 am

... I don't think this really needs a poll, the game is openly inspired by fanfiction. :)

Which means that anyone who reads enough fanfic involving said professor should not have been at all surprised by the eventual revelation that he's a rich noble with mansions and stuff, because that totally always happens in that sort of fanfic. LONG after the actual books made it clear that such was not the case and would never be the case, that trope kept popping up. ... For that matter, I've seen stories set after the final book that first bring him back from the dead and THEN explain that he was actually just pretending about all that half-blood stuff because LORD SNAPE OF SNAPE MANOR FOREVER.

But yes, we're inspired by the fanfic. NOT the real books. So. :)

GodaimeTsunade

#3 Post by GodaimeTsunade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes, yes and yes! I couldn't stop thinking of Snape the whole game! xD

mermaid

#4 Post by mermaid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 pm

yep, which just made me like this game even more :D

cuddlyEmo

#5 Post by cuddlyEmo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, yes Grabby's grumpiness was very Snape-like.

But the love triangle between Kyo, Minnie and the other guy (sorry, i forgot his name) was very similar to the one between Snape, Lily and James (with a few changes though). When I saw the scene where the three of them argue, I thought my eyes played atrick on me ;) especially since the characters Minnie and the other guy reminded a lot of Lily and James.

However, I don't think it ruins the game in any way, I actually find myself liking the similarity.
But maybe that's just me ;)