Help On Damien

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
irenechocolate

Help On Damien

#1 Postby irenechocolate » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

Okay I'm extremely new to dating sims, but on the path to Damien I keep getting the ending where he tries to eat me! And after trying two times I still get that. Is there some specific stat I need to a minimum or "dating points"? I think there seems to be a good ending with him because they keep talking about ring/no ring. Help! :( Thanks.

FantasyFan

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 pm

He always tries to take your soul, but there's a way to get him to regret it.

First, when he tells you that he's dying, offer your own soul, then when you realize the truth and you have the chance to say one final thing, say you still love him. Take gym class a few days later and cast Spirit Echoes (White Magic) and you'll see a vision of him hesitating. Soon after spring break he'll send you a letter asking you to meet with him, so choose to agree to meet up. At some point he'll ask you to ask Professor Potsam to let him back into the school - I THINK not asking Potsam is the way to get the ring ending, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, to get the romantic ending, when your roommates confront you about Damien during the final exam, refuse to promise not to talk to Damien again. You'll run into Damien on the night of the May Day Ball and dance with him. If you DO promise to never talk to Damien again, you'll still run into him, and if you still try to speak with him you'll get a dark ending (but you'll also get a trophy).
Last edited by FantasyFan on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

irenechocolate

#3 Postby irenechocolate » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 am

Oh, I see now! Thanks so much! :) This is a great game.

Oki

#4 Postby Oki » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 pm

I know this topic is ancient but it's linked frequently so I thought I'd mention two things.

First, when Damien tries to take your soul you only need to not say you hate him (epic line btw, worth playing once). He'll go insane with his love for you no matter what choice. Even if you say you hate him if you choose to go to PE the next week you can cast spirit echoes and see he couldn't kill you - so if you pick you hate him you'll probably get what you wanted and he'll never know peace. Anyway, picking silence or love will continue the romance.

(x)

Then when you meet him again, just don't say you feel nothing. In fact, looking at it, you can actually kind of act realistic and be like 'Damien you crazy.'

(x)

Extra tidbit: Learn empathy. As a player I doubted his intentions were really love and was super suspicious the first time, so if you have empathy you can cast it and see he is pretty much being completely honest.

(x)

If you deny having feelings for him you also see how genuine he is and he actually does seem legitimately destroyed by not having his feelings returned. In fact, he's in super denial.

(x)
(x)

So basically, if you want him, don't deny him. He loves you (only took trying to kill you to realize it).

Now the second thing - there are three Damien endings. As in, three that give you an ending where you have a relationship with Damien.

WARNING- Intense spoilers for all Damien endings follow. That's the whole nature of this thread though, so I don't feel I should have to white it out completely.

no seriously don't look down if you don't want spoilers

There is Walking in Darkness, the darkest ending possible is when you agree to plead to Potsdam for Damien and then vow to your room mates you won't speak to him again. Talk to him, you'll lose your powers, and he'll refuse to let you forget him and you shall become his evil waifu. Something of that nature.

(x)

The second ending is the ending where you fail the exam and refuse to promise to your room mates you won't speak to him again. In this one you basically lose all your friends forever but still get to be with Damien and get moved halls (to Snake hall).

(x)

The third, and my favorite, is the ending where you pretty much go, "Okay Damien. I love you, but no." Basically you get this by refusing to plead for his case, which means nobody knows you are still speaking to Damien. Your room mates believe nothing is different and the only indication you are with Damien is wearing a ring he sends you. (wear it, or you wont get the ending) I like this one the most because it makes me feel like my character grew from the soul eating thing and while she's in a relationship no one would approve of she's doing her best to remain herself and show Damien that while she loves him, she is not going to be so stupid or unwise again, and he'll have to earn her love. Basically, if you want to be a Horse, want to keep your friends, and want to feel smart about the decision make this choice and you can still get a Damien ending - and a piece of jewelry. Me likey.

(x)

So yeah. THERE YOU GO. EVERY POSSIBLE PIECE OF INFORMATION I CAN GIVE YOU. Sorry to revive this again, but Damien is period my favorite character and I love his complicated ending and character. /tears[/b]

Return to “Magical Diary”