Re: future games...

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.
maldemer

Re: future games...

#1 Postby maldemer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey hanako,

Could we get an approximate time frame on when the next game MIGHT come out? Like how long do you think it would take to make the next one, once you started it? A year? Two years?

Also, is there any chance you might incorporate a BioWare-style save game import?

I hope this isn't too naggy, I'm just curious about how long it takes to make a game like this... and I'm also dying to be a Snake...!

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm not actually working on it yet (I mean, I have ideas but I haven't done any CODE for it yet) and the first one took over a year to make.

I would expect that if nothing goes wrong game 2 would probably take around a year, maybe a bit less, once I was actively working on it. Some stuff can be reused, but it would be boring if you had all the exact same dungeon puzzles, so I can't take that many shortcuts.

But it's really hard to say anything about games that aren't in development because anything can happen...

GodaimeTsunade

#3 Postby GodaimeTsunade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 pm

So, if you do make a second game will it be with a different hall? Would we still get the option of being female? Good luck with working on future games. ^^

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:48 pm

There's a thread in the Hanako Secrets forum with a bit of information about the probable next game in the series. :)

GodaimeTsunade

#5 Postby GodaimeTsunade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Thank you! :D
Sorry I'm still new here ^^;

RedSocialKnight

#6 Postby RedSocialKnight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 pm

hanako wrote:Some stuff can be reused, but it would be boring if you had all the exact same dungeon puzzles, so I can't take that many shortcuts.

Please don't skimp on the dungeons!

The one thing I missed most in this game was more chances to actually use my magic. Not necessarily more dungeons, but MANY more sequences that incorporate spellcasting or play out differently depending on the spells a character knows would make the player's choice of favored magic school a lot more meaningful.

Return to “Magical Diary”