Beginning of a walkthrough\FAQ, or something like that

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
Uvigz

Beginning of a walkthrough\FAQ, or something like that

#1 Post by Uvigz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 pm

These are my notes, edited for easier reading. Then i started the game i played many times the first 4 weeks because i didn't like my 1st dungeon results. somewhere along the way i decided to take some notes. as i don't think i will ever finish them if i need to do everything alone , i decided to share my notes with the hopes that someone would follow my example and post their notes here. who knows, maybe this will become a full walkthrough\FAQ some day. if anyone wants they can use information from here for the wiki or anywhere else.

I made up names for some conversations, i can understand them quite easily, but if anyone wants i can change them to something more specific.you may notice white text in some places. i decided to not delete any notes, but where i was uncertain, or the notes were just for myself, to change them to white color.
Game ver. 1.0.9

Saturday notes

Study (if successful, +1smarts +2stress), (if failed, +4stress)

Saturday mall notes

magic store

Item_Name Price Benefits
item-glasses ($10) (gives +5Smart)
item-Wacky Glasses ($20) (gives +5Smart, +5Weird)(Looks weird)
item-Protective Gear ($50) (gives +5Strength, +30Red Magic)(why red?)
item-Sextant ($95) (gives +40Blue Magic)
item-Furry Set ($120) (gives +5Strength, +25Green Magic)
item-Amulet ($60) (gives +30Black Magic)
item-Halo ($100) (gives +35White Magic)
item-Tiara ($30) (gives +10Cute)
item-Fairy wings ($120) (gives +10Cute)
item-Bat Wings ($120) (gives +10Weird)(can you have 4 wings?)
item-Wand ($25) (gives +2Every Magic)( any slots restrictions?)
item-Star Wand ($50) (gives +5Every Magic)(can you dual weald wands?)

Food court
Fruit ($1) -5Stress
Cookie ($2) -5Stress
Pastry ($3) -5Stress(any other benefits for buying more expensive food?)
Lunch ($5) -10Stress
no food -3Stress(i guess its better to go to food court and order nothing then go window shopping. this way you can still meet people and get the same -stress)

Window shopping -3Stress

Games arcade
dance games ($3) +1Strength
Pinball ($2) -5Stress (can find Big Steve here)
Claw machine ($1) can get item-rabbit(gives +10Cute) (+1 stress if failed(If used magic can get punished -10 merit))
just watch -3stress(can you meet anyone here?)

September

Game start (bump into Grabiner, -10merit)

1st week Gym\sleep (talk with Virginia) Gym (first meeting with Damien)(+Damien points?)
day 02 Blue magic (talk with Ellen, +5Cute(pretty) OR +5Weird(interesting))
day 03
day 04
day 05
day 06 (suspicious Ellen,Possible +5Weird(Find Virginia-Stealing underwear))
Day 07 (offer to go to the mall by Virginia, with comments from Ellen)
Day 08 (overheard Virginia's conversation with girl)

2nd week
Day 09 (initiation ceremony, possible +5Weird(get up-refuse)
If accepted initiation ceremony (Ellen's pain)(Discussion about demons with Virginia and Ellen)(Damien's love letter)
If refused initiation ceremony (talk about initiation ceremony with Ellen and Virginia)(-Ellen points?)
Day 10 If accepted initiation ceremony (writing love letter with Ellen, +5Cute(butter) OR +5weird(Knives))
Day 11 green\black\white magic (Luke's poem)(note: first time lecture takes priority)
Day 12
If accepted initiation ceremony, Red\Blue magic (Letter in Grabiner's class, possible -10merit(admit it))
If accepted initiation ceremony, anything but Red\Blue magic (Ellen's wrong punishment)
If accepted initiation ceremony (talk with Damien)
Day 13 (talk with Virginia about Friday the 13)
If accepted initiation ceremony,if admitted on day 12 (Grabiner's apology, +20merit)(+ OR - Grabiner's points?)
If accepted initiation ceremony (Initiation end, -5Stress)
If refused initiation ceremony (I'm all alone, +2smarts)
Day 14 mall-game arcade-pinball(can talk with big Steve)
Day 15 (Damien, a jerk, Virginia says so)(i agree)

3rd week
Day 16 (Virginia's sports club)
Study (Ellen's missing penny)(+Ellens points?)
Day 17
Day 18 (signing up)
Day 19
Day 20 (Virginia's club)
Day 21 mall-food court-any (Virginia's food, possible -1Strength(split))
Day 22 (William's practice)(note: need to check if with enough smarts you can succeed)

4rd week Gym (Kyo's love, possible +5cute(Presents-cuddly) +5weird(presents-wind up))
Day 23 ( Exam in a week)
if didn't do last week, Study (Ellen's missing penny)(+Ellens points?)
Day 24 (Virginia's dream)
Day 25
Day 26 (study session, Possible +1smarts(attend))(Right answers are blue or black)
Day 27 if every magic above 5(needs confirmation) (exam, possible +10merit(chose blue with blue magic =30 or more) +5merit (chose red with red magic =25 or more)(chose Black with Black magic =25 or more) -5merit (chose green magic))
if any magic below 5(needs confirmation) (scolding, +5weird and detention(best) OR -10merit(don't want))
if any magic below 5(needs confirmation), chose don't want (exam, (needs confirmation from here) possible +10merit(chose blue with blue magic =30 or more) +5merit (chose red with red magic =25 or more)(chose Black with Black magic =25 or more) -5merit (chose green magic))(needs confirmation to here))
Day 28 (talk about exam)

(Extra (cheating) notes)
saving in class (even if results are already announced but before next scene starts) will get a different results
claw machine can be won with luck ( or taking advantage of saves)
similarly Bingo can be won by saving before the number is announced

ps. it took me over 2 hours to make this post even though its mostly just copies from my notes :shock:
Last edited by Uvigz on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

faerirose

Amazing ^^

#2 Post by faerirose » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:57 pm

I really appreciate this. It gives me 10 more cute than I could normally get (I thought most of those events were chance). I also didn't know the claw machine could be won on your own. I like :D

evershifter

#3 Post by evershifter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 am

For the first exam, red, blue, and black will all get you through it, with a +5 merit bonus if you have 25 or more points in what you chose. If you pick green or white, then you lose 10 merit and get a detention.

I have no idea what you mean with the whole "any magic below 5" thing. o.O I'm fairly sure that I've done the first exam with threes in all but one colour and not had any problems, but I haven't done a lot of testing. ^^;

I don't think you can actually succeed at William's practice event. Thus far, I've gotten three different results, with my character failing completely, knocking the ball away, or starting to get it to float, but quickly losing control. I haven't tested to see how I got the different results, though.

I'd throw my notes in, but they're in an excel spreadsheet, which kinda makes things difficult. Good luck, though.

Uvigz

#4 Post by Uvigz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:32 am

I have no idea what you mean with the whole "any magic below 5" thing.
as i remember it i was trying to get blue magic to 30 to see what would be the result in the dungeon. as at first i didn't put any points to any other magic, i got scolded. then i tried adding 3 points to every magic and i still got scolded. with 6 points i wasn't scolded. maybe you don't need to have points in every magic. i didn't do that much experimenting with it, that's why i said its need confirmation.

i admit that in 4th week ( and probably 3rd) i was getting lazy in taking notes as i had already achieved what i wanted by that point. :oops: if you notice any mistakes, please tell me, even though i don't think i will be updating this that often.

Edit: i just noticed , you said that you get +5merit with 25blue magic, is that actually tested? because with 30 points in blue magic you get +10points. and with low green i got only -5merit, does it mean that with higher green (probably white too) you get bigger punishment?

evershifter

#5 Post by evershifter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 am

Uvigz wrote: i just noticed , you said that you get +5merit with 25blue magic, is that actually tested? because with 30 points in blue magic you get +10points. and with low green i got only -5merit, does it mean that with higher green (probably white too) you get bigger punishment?
Hokay, I've just checked. You do need 30 in blue magic, and you do get ten merits. I'm pretty sure that I triple-checked the other two, though, but I know I was a little lazy with the blue. I've been going back and forth for so long it's kinda hard to remember x__x

I checked both white and green on the same playthrough, and I got 10 demerits for using white magic with only three points there, and 15 for green magic with the same number of points. ._.; But going back and retaking the test with 30 points in green magic, I only got ten demerits. And a great dislike of Grabiner, but that's irrelevant. >.>

I also think I've got the point limit thing figured out, but I'm not certain, since I haven't triggered the event where you get in trouble. I took all five different classes the first week, then focused exclusively on blue, and didn't get in trouble, whereas you got in trouble again after the first warning. So maybe it's the first warning that sets the minimum, and as long as you've gotten at least one point in each before that, you're okay.

I think I'm done testing for the evening. My poor brain x__x

Hesquidor

#6 Post by Hesquidor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:28 am

Re: William's practice

I believe the Red Magic stat controls how well Sue performs. The best result I've been able to get is my Sue being able to erratically float the ball before ultimately losing control.

Uvigz

#7 Post by Uvigz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:17 pm

I checked both white and green on the same playthrough, and I got 10 demerits for using white magic with only three points there, and 15 for green magic with the same number of points. ._.; But going back and retaking the test with 30 points in green magic, I only got ten demerits.
i checked (again) and discovered something interesting. with 6green and 22smarts i get -10merit, with 6green and 27smarts i get -5merit, with 3green and 30smart i get -10merit. so i guess if you use green magic you get -15merit, but with enough smarts and skill you can bullshit you way to -5merit. now we just need to see if white magic behaves the same way. and probably check if with enough smart and skills you can get +10\+15merit. and while we are checking, we could check if strength have any influence on the scores. anyone wants to check?
I also think I've got the point limit thing figured out, but I'm not certain, since I haven't triggered the event where you get in trouble. I took all five different classes the first week, then focused exclusively on blue, and didn't get in trouble, whereas you got in trouble again after the first warning. So maybe it's the first warning that sets the minimum, and as long as you've gotten at least one point in each before that, you're okay.
i think you have the wrong idea about the event. in this event Proff. Potsdam says its a warning and i don't remember ever getting any other warning so i think that your looking for non-existing event. i don't call it a warning because you actually get punished, so its more of a scolding, then a warning. anyway, I'm starting to thing that i was wrong :oops: . while doing earlier mentioned experiments i realized that i didn't get scolded with score of 27red-3blue-6green-3black-1white. so maybe i mixed up what i remember, or maybe smarts AND\OR strength influences here too. i checked, and with black and white at 0 she still scolds you. probably as long as you actually attend at least 1 class in all magic she wont scold you.
Re: William's practice

I believe the Red Magic stat controls how well Sue performs.
i thought so too, but the text seems to change with smarts rather then red magic, maybe its combination of the two, or maybe i didn't do enough experimenting.

ps. i should probably fix my walkthrough\FAQ up there, but i decided to be lazy and wait until i make sure that i know whats going on, and what is actually true and whats not.

FantasyFan

#8 Post by FantasyFan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm working on my own walkthrough (hope that's okay) - this is helpful information.

BeccaBear93

#9 Post by BeccaBear93 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Alright, you made me want to start one, too. I'll be updating week by week, but I'm not sure how fast the updates will come.

Warning: Lots of spoilers!! Also, if I miss anything, please point it out to me. I haven't tried every single class on every single day.

Week 1
If you sleep or go to the gym, you will talk to Virginia.
If you go to the gym, you will meet Damien.
If you sleep every day, you will get the Truant and Detention trophies, but you will lose 10 merits and get detention. "Bluff" = +5 weird

September 1
You arrive at the school and lose 10 merits.

September 2
If you take the blue magic class, you will talk to Ellen. "Something pretty"= +5 cute, and "Something interesting"= +5 weird

September 6
If you didn't sleep every day, there will be a scene in which Ellen is cleaning up after Virginia. "Go find Virginia" and "She's trying to steal your underwear!"= +5 weird

Week 2
September 9

Initiation. If you choose "Get up by yourself" and "Refuse to take part," you will get +10 weird, but you'll lose other stat opportunities and won't be able to get Damien's path.

September 10
If you chose to do Initiation, you will write the love letter for Damien. "His voice is like butter"= +5 cute. "His teeth are like knives"= +5 weird.

September 11
If you chose to do Initiation and take red or blue magic class, Grabiner will ask about the love letter. "Admit it"= -10 merits, but you will gain them back and get another 10.
Last edited by BeccaBear93 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Fox

#10 Post by Silver_Fox » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:29 pm

There's a very raw and bare wiki for Magical Diary - here. Everyone is welcome to update it.

evershifter

#11 Post by evershifter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Uvigz wrote:i think you have the wrong idea about the event. in this event Proff. Potsdam says its a warning and i don't remember ever getting any other warning so i think that your looking for non-existing event. i don't call it a warning because you actually get punished, so its more of a scolding, then a warning. anyway, I'm starting to thing that i was wrong :oops: . while doing earlier mentioned experiments i realized that i didn't get scolded with score of 27red-3blue-6green-3black-1white. so maybe i mixed up what i remember, or maybe smarts AND\OR strength influences here too. i checked, and with black and white at 0 she still scolds you. probably as long as you actually attend at least 1 class in all magic she wont scold you.
OH. Well never mind, then. >.> At least I wasn't crazy thinking that the actual stats didn't matter.
Uvigz wrote:i checked (again) and discovered something interesting. with 6green and 22smarts i get -10merit, with 6green and 27smarts i get -5merit, with 3green and 30smart i get -10merit. so i guess if you use green magic you get -15merit, but with enough smarts and skill you can bullshit you way to -5merit. now we just need to see if white magic behaves the same way. and probably check if with enough smart and skills you can get +10\+15merit. and while we are checking, we could check if strength have any influence on the scores. anyone wants to check?
... No? >_> I dunno if I'd really be all that useful. I just seem to be confusing things. ._.; I'll keep an eye for that, though.
Silver_Fox wrote:There's a very raw and bare wiki for Magical Diary - here. Everyone is welcome to update it.
Yesss. This I like.

Edit: Okay, I tried the first exam with 30+ smarts and high white magic, choosing white magic for the exam itself, and my character was able to talk her way out of any demerits.